ғᴏʀᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

Comincia dall'inizio

Five minutes later, Max walked out of his dressing room, dressed in the clothes Madelyn had brought for him, consisting of a black vest and dark blue jeans. Madelyn started smiling when she saw him.

"You look good," she said and wrapped her arms around his middle.

"Thanks. My girlfriend picked these clothes," Max smirked and pressed a short kiss on her forehead.

"Well, tell her she has quite good taste," Madelyn grinned back at him and let go of him. "C'mon, let's go." She led the way through the hallways outside. When they stood in the parking lot next to Max's car, Madelyn held out her hand.

"Let me drive," she said. Max looked at her doubtfully.

"Please? I have my driver's license," she drammed on.

"I know," Max said with still a frown on his forehead. "I've just never seen you drive before. I don't know if I can trust you with this car." He laid his hand on the white Honda sportscar next to them.

"I can drive just fine. Please let me drive us to your birthday surprise." Madelyn shot him her puppy eyes and pouted at him, causing Max to sigh deeply. He reached for his pocket and grabbed the car keys out of it before he tossed them over to her.

"Fine. But one scratch and you're never driving us again," he said with a little reluctance.

"Deal," Madelyn proudly smiled at him and unlocked the car. They got in, and Madelyn started the car after which they drove off the lot. They drove in the direction of London. Max kept a close eye on Madelyn because he couldn't stand not being behind the wheel. In this area, Max was an absolute control freak.

After a one-hour drive, they arrived in one of the suburbs of London. Madelyn parked the Honda on the side of the road, near the restaurant where they were going to eat.

"See, I told you I could drive," Madelyn said after she had shut down the engine. Max looked at her but said nothing, which caused Madelyn to laugh.

"You're so different when you're not in your comfort zone," she chuckled and laid her hand on his knee before leaning over and kissing his lips. Even before she could pull back, Max cupped his hand around her cheek and deepened the kiss.

"Can't we just go to your apartment and do nothing?" He mumbled against her lips before he kissed them again. Madelyn hummed a 'no' against his lips and pulled back.

"You'll love what I have planned for you," she said before she got out of the vehicle. Max followed her example and walked over to Madelyn's side of the car as she locked it. Together, they walked towards the restaurant. When they entered, they were welcomed by an employee of the restaurant. He escorted the couple to the table. As they approached, loud shouts rang out throughout the restaurant.

"There's the birthday boy!" An Aussie accent yelled. Max's gaze moved to the long table in the back of the restaurant, where he saw his friends and family. His mom and sister were there, along with Daniel, Heidi, Lando, Luisa, Alex, Lily, all the Red Bull drivers, and Isla and Ellis.

Max stopped walking and looked at the group of people in surprise. "What the..." he stammered. The people at the table got up and walked his way to greet and congratulate him. After having greeted each other, they all took their seats at the table. Max and Madelyn sat opposite each other at the end, with Daniel next to Max and Victoria next to Madelyn. Max stretched his hand across the table and waited for Madelyn to place hers in it. His thumb stroked over the back of her hand and smiled at her.