Friendly Advice

We finish eating and Emiri drops Axel and I back to my house. We say our goodbyes and enter the house. However, on the way in, I notice my mom's car is gone. That's strange. I wonder where they went. In the kitchen, I glance at a note clipped to the fridge. It read: Dear Aine, We have decided to take a getaway to the beach for one week. We would've taken you with us if it wasn't for school. We'll call you once we've arrived. I left some cash for you to use in an envelope on the table. It's for food. Use it wisely. Be safe and take care until we return. Love Mom and Dad. Well, this is great. They left me alone with Axel. Then my face turns pale. They left me alone with Axel? And the realization hits me. OMG!! THEY LEFT ME ALONE WITH AXEL! How could they leave me alone like this. A guy and a girl in a house together can be disastrous. I shake my head. Maybe it won't be bad afterall. I can use this to my advantage. I look to the table and spot the envelope. I open it up and count how much they left. It added up to $150. That should be enough for food, providing us for a week. Since my parents stepped out, I can go ahead and sleep in their room. Not that I don't like sleeping next to the one I love, but I doubt I'll be able to get any sleep if so. I walk to my room, in search for Axel. He had already positioned himself to sit on the edge of my bed. "Hey, so my mom left a note for me on the fridge saying her and dad have decided to pack up and leave for the beach apparently. That means it'll be just you and I here. Not taking me with them though. That seems highly disturbing. I've never been to the beach, but they go and not take me." I say and let out a sigh. Seriously though, I've never been to the beach once. They knew that and yet they decide not to take me. They better bring back souvenirs or I'll be more upset than I am now. He still just sits there, unmoving. "So because of their absence, I will be taking their room for the week." I say. Axel let's out a sigh. "What? You want the room instead? If that's the case, I can take-" "That's not it." he interrupts me. That's not it? Then what could it possibly be? I stare at him with my eyebrow raised and cross my arms. "I need to get back. I don't plan on staying that long." he says. "Then why don't you go back? Actually, would it still be possible for you to summon up the darkness or even your weapons for that matter?" I ask curiously. His eyes light up and jumps up from the bed. I stand back because I don't want to get caught in the fire if he draws his weapons. He holds out an arm trying to draw the shadowy darkness I have seen when he appeared. In one, two, three...nope, didn't work. "Well, I guess that answers that." I say. He puts his arm down and sits back on the bed. Time to be comforting, Aine. "Okay, I know it's hard, but you gotta roll with the punches. If you suddenly got here, you can suddenly go back. Don't give up. When it's time, it'll happen. I know it." I say, trying to cheer him up. "If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's many rules. Got it memorized?" I tease him, pointing my finger to my temple. I was throwing one of his famous quotes at him from Kingdom Hearts II. When he abducts Kairi. Axel lets out a chuckle. "Whoever said that must be wise." he grins. I smile. "Oh, I think so." I say.