The Astronomical Figure On The Chessboard

Start from the beginning

“What This Palace said was not wrong. Men only naturally are creatures that think with their lower halves.” Hearing Su Xing’s request, Chai Ling actually laughed out loud. She collapsed the Golden Thread Feather Fan, and she had a cold look in her eyes and a tone that immediately fell to the freezing point. “Then This Palace shall let you see Your Servant’s financial might.”

“Don’t be so hasty, first play a round of Chinese Chess.” Su Xing smiled. “So as to avoid you blaming Big Brother for not caring for you.”

A cold wind suddenly rushed in.

And then it broke apart in front of Su Xing.

Hair was raised, and there were several fractures.

Hearing Su Xing say as such, Jinzhi and Yuye then made a move.

Su Xing was calm as a flower, electricity jumping between his fingers.

“Jinzhi, Yuye, what are you two doing. Just let this man speak as he pleases. Fancy that This Palace believed in treating you favorably for signing the Knowledge Star and Skilful Star. It seems you are nothing more than a frivolous lecher…This Palace suddenly actually wants a court eunuch to serve her…” [2] Chai Ling smiled yet did not, a natural and sumptuous attitude. “You will not refuse, will you?”

“Then Little Sister must remember to send me a kiss.”

At first, they seemed to be sweethearts flirtatiously bantering, but on closer inspection, each of the two had a cold glint in their eyes, opposing each other with equal sharpness, each brimming with the concentrated scent of gunpowder. Cha Ling had actually been bored in this Great Circle Castle for a very long time, and suddenly encountering this interesting matter, she was actually full of interest.

A table to play chess on was set up. The Chinese Chess board was carved from Black Scented White Pear Wood, which was very expensive. Each piece was built completely from precious jade valued at several hundred million. The red side was White Lotus Jade, and the black side was Black Ink Essence, which were priceless. The ninety intersections over the entire chessboard were all inlaid with considerably pricey green jade. This Chai Ling was rich and overbearing as expected, with anything from the Great Circle Castle being above one hundred million.

Su Xing chose black.

Liangshan’s Chinese Chess and the Chinese Chess he had previously seen were no different. His old grandfather was an incredible Chinese Chess player, having previously defeated several national players with one move. Su Xing frequently played with him at home, and to speak of it, this Chinese Chess was a specialty of Su Xing’s.

Chai Ling was also considered proficient in Chinese Chess. She was set up on high, so the queen who paid no attention worldly affairs found herself some fun to pass the time.

Chai Ling grasped the Lotus Jade white piece to take the first turn. Seeing Su Xing so haughty, seeking victory so impatiently, she wished she could take Su Xing’s “General” [3] in one fell swoop. He gathered his spirits, straightened his soldiers and spurred his horses, rushing his chariots like the wind, throwing himself directly at the opponent’s positions.

The moment an expert moved, that was when it was known whether or not he had the knowledge.

Seeing the very first steps of Chai Ling, Su Xing’s heart was even more certain he would beat her. In modern Chinese Chess, techniques had already been perfected, so why would he fear he could not defeat her?

Su Xing planned in advance, taking matters calmly, tightening his defenses and slowing his attack, firmly controlling the center zone.

Not long after, both sides were engaged in fierce close quarters combat, entering the mid-game phase.