Bitter Struggle

Soul Devouring Bug??! [1]

Su Xing saw from that “Mountain and Sea Bug Record” [2] of An Suwen’s a list of odd insects, which had an introduction for it. The Soul Devouring Bug and Essence Swallowing Dragon were similar. It was just that the specialized in eating minds and Divine Sense as well as handling cultivators with powerful Divine Intents Soul Devouring Bug was an extremely frightening and deadly existence. The Soul Devouring Bugs were close to a black cloud, where normal swords and spears would have difficulty piercing through, and common water and fire were seen as nothing.

However, controlling the Soul Devouring Bugs certainly not an easy matter. Because they originally could devour incorporeal Divine Intent, cultivators used Divine Intent and Essence Blood in vain to control them. Only cultivators that necessarily possessed extremely strong Demonic Intents could control them. This type of Demonic Intent was a type of “Who else is there but me” despotism, a deterrent. Franticness made the Soul Devouring Bugs fear him, otherwise, at an unfavorable position they would even eat the Divine Intent of the master they serve.

Only naturally, this Holy Lord of Draconic Demon was a monster.

The Holy Lord of Draconic Demon inherited the “Demonic Comprehension” [3] skill of the Demon King of Chaos. He possessed an excellent understanding of every sort of Devil School cultivation method, and acted as the one the Heavenly Underworld Sect nurtured from youth to be a Star Master. From when he was little, he began to cultivate Devil Cults’ sinister and malicious Eighteen Layer Avici, [4] cultivating layer by layer. An oppressive twenty years then created today’s insufferably arrogant Holy Lord of Draconic Demon. This kind of tyranny would feel egotistical to others. No one was in his eyes, but to the Holy Lord of Draconic Demon, this was power.

A kind of destructive power!

“See how you die!” The Holy Lord of Draconic Demon sneered. Muttering in a low voice, the black smoke suddenly rushed forth. The towering Soul Devouring Bug army then buzzed, afterwards becoming an immense cloud of insects, violently rolling towards Su Xing.

“Hmph! Using bugs to scare people?” Su Xing saw this very terrifying bug cloud drop from the sky. Not only was he unafraid, on the contrary, after he snorted, he showed a bit of disdain.

The Holy Lord of Draconic Demon heard this and was not angry, but amused. His counterpart seemed to consider the Soul Devouring Bugs as ordinary Spirit Bugs, which truly was bringing about his own doom. Presumably, when the swarm of bugs fell onto his body, that would be the time he would meet a violent death. At that time, the cultivator’s Divine Intent would have been eaten clean, and he would be no different from a cripple.

Su Xing released a bolt of Blooming Water Divine Thunder, which sprayed out but brought about no results.

The Holy Lord of Draconic Demon was even more pleased with himself.

Su Xing sneered on the inside. When the bug cloud came to cover him, he suddenly clenched his empty fist, and a scarlet sword appeared in his hand. This double-edged sword’s red light was dazzling, and the flame veins on the sword were vividly displayed. In the moment it appeared, the space around Su Xing’s whole body seemed to ignite, becoming incomparably red-hot.

“That is??” The Holy Lord of Draconic Demon was blank.

“Go!!” Su Xing saw the cloud of bugs cover from above, just on the verge, and the flames of the Astral Treasure Clinging Fire Star Domain Sword in his hand suddenly appeared. Then, countless Earthly Fire Snakes erupted out from the sword’s edge and veins. Shooting into the cloud of bugs converging from every direction, it was like a surging dragon rolling in the sky.

Soon after, popping sounds became a layer of countless bug corpses. Amidst the droning noise, they had been burnt to ash by the flames, without leaving a bit of slag.