Ancient Grave Ghosts

The spiral staircase continued to extend downwards. With a long and narrow slope, throwing down a Daoist Light Talisman did not reveal the end as its brilliance finally vanished from sight.

Su Xing let out a breath of cold air. If this really was the path leading to the grave, then it was insufferably long. This path looked remarkably clean, and it did not seem like there was a trap, either. In the surroundings, Su Xing noticed that there were no signs of any previous intruders.

Even so, Su Xing did not dare to be even slightly careless. Liangshan continent was full of secrets, and only the Heavens knew what other great dangers were hiding around the corner. As Su Xing walked, he kept a vigilant watch of the surroundings.

Gong Caiwei unexpectedly glanced at Su Xing and smiled: “You really are a careful man. Could it be you are unable to use Divine Intent.”

Su Xing’s mouth twitched. He had only recently comprehended Divine Intent during the rush to Rippling Wave Kingdom, but his Divine Intent could only be described as utterly unreliable. Apparently, it was dispersed by using one’s own will. The Star Generals are all born with it, but Star Cultivators must first refine their own Divine Sight. However, practicing this Divine Sight was far more exhausting than the Chaotic Tail Escape Technique. After spending half a day, Su Xing had ended up with a sort of overdraft.

Listening to Wu Xinjie’s explanation, it seemed that the best method to cultivating Divine Intent was still to have a superior art.

Gong Caiwei looked at Su Xing without replying and continued to advance downwards. Suddenly, she turned, and with a smile that was at the same time not a smile, said: “Is your Star General the Knowledge Star, Resourceful Star Wu Yong?”

Su Xing completely did not expect that she would ask this. For a moment, he was speechless and did not know how he should reply. In a duel between Star Masters, even the identity of their Star Generals was a trump card. There were various countermeasures for addressing the difference in the rankings between Star Generals. For example, the array used last time at Grand Border City to trap the Majestic Star was specifically targeted at Lin Chong. Thus, this is why the Knowledge Star Wu Yong’s first Huangjie Technique is “Think Then Act.”

Although Gong Caiwei did not mind compromising her own Star General, in the end, there was an inherent difference in this girl. With a single look, it was obvious that this girl was the type that was tricky to deal with. Besides her build, brow and bust, the other assets she took pride in included those Snow Soul Sword Arts and that unfathomable Star Energy.

From start to finish, Wu Xinjie and Lin Yingmei had never revealed their Destined Star Weapons, so how did she find out? [1]

Gong Caiwei noticed Su Xing’s silence, and giving a faint smile: “This Gong was only guessing. This should be the first time I’ve seen you, but you spent only a short amount of time to figure out the mechanism. Only the Knowledge Star could have such talent.” [2]

Didn’t you also figure it out?” Su Xing tried to downplay the fact.

“This Gong’s Star General The Resourceful Strategist doesn’t lose out to the Knowledge Star!” Gong Caiwei said emphatically. “Once I had Zhu Sha’s hint, only then did this Gong figure it out without issue.”

Su Xing inadvertently glanced at the stonelike Leader Star, but he said nothing.

The group walked for a very long time before they finally arrived at the end of the slope.

The end opened into a wide, open clearing.

Su Xing proceeded to activate another Daoist Light Talisman. Sweeping it all around, they were able to clearly see their surroundings.