Poison Pool Toad

Several days afterward, Su Xing descended and landed upon a jutting highland, viewing the faraway mountains. The left had poisonous clouds of miasma, and the right had bugs and other poisonous creatures grow and crawl. There were many deep streams on the mountain, bubbling with the sound of running water. There was an overcast gloom, and caverns abounded in great numbers, the bewildering rocks sinister. The swamps within the range of several dozen li splashed with the large bubbles constantly emitted. Soft grass and sludge accumulated within, a fermenting mold that would make those who smelled it vomit.

“That place is the Poison Toad Pool.” Su Xing thought to himself, wrinkling his brow. The Vermilion Bird Territory’s topography sure was complicated and steep. A great deal of the valleys had dense evil airs, amassed without dispersing, surging straight up. A strong wind blew, and it had a fishy odor. Clearly, those violent and ruthless clans occupied the area.

Seeing the overpowering stench of this Poison Toad Pool stretching several dozen li, the smell reeked. If it was not for the Evil Smiting Writ, Su Xing honestly would have no interest coming to this place. It was no wonder that when she learned Su Xing wanted to go to the Poison Toad Pool, Wu Siyou would have no interest in following. The poison pool interfered with Divine Intent, and at this moment, that Detoxification Pearl from when he and An Suwen became sworn siblings was now actually useful. Su Xing swallowed the pearl, and against the permeating stench, he withstood the marshland gasses. He looked around and once again soared high on his riding sword to begin his search for the Evil Smiting Writ.

In actuality, this Evil Smiting Writ was not a so-called tag, but rather, every sort of legendary materials that had been paired together, to be used with Starfire to forge things specially made to confront the Star Beasts. The Evil Smiting Writ’s raw materials were myriad. More or less, there were “Five Spirits,” “Five Poisons,” “Five Smells,” “Five Hearts,” “Five Medicines,” and others. Each targeted the constitutions of the Star Generals’ Star Beasts with different effects that were not at all the same. What Su Xing was currently searching for was the Five Poisons. This sort of Five Poisons Evil Smiting Writ could more easily receive Star Beasts, especially from the perspective of Heavenly Stars. The Knowledge Star’s ranked third Star Beast certainly would not be that easy to confront.

Su Xing also came to the Poison Pool because he had heard this place had Poison Toad Grass. [1]

Circling around the poison pool, as expected, several patches were found within the Poison Pool. Su Xing furrowed his brow, for he was not pressed to go pick it. On the pond, there reclined a monster whose entire body stunk from head to toe with a toxic gas, currently concealed beneath the pond’s surface. Four black, gleaming eyes stared at every movement above the pool’s surface. If it was not for Su Xing being careful, he would not have immediately sensed it.

With a croak, the monster suddenly jumped out of the pond. This monster’s form was not large at three zhang wide and five, six zhang long. Its shape was apparently a large toad. Its skin had numerous pores and dimples, flowing ulcers all over its body, releasing a nauseating stink that made it appear somewhat disgusting. Furthermore, along with this monster’s croaking, its body emitted a black fog from time to time.

Poison Toad! [2]

Su Xing’s brows wrinkled once more. Although encountering a Demon Beast like the Poison Toad was not surprising, actually seeing this monster was still somewhat thorny. This type of Poison Toad lived within the toxic gas of the swamp. The poison it sprayed could corrupt artifacts and magic weapons, damaging their spiritual powers.

As Su Xing pondered, the Poison Toad already croaked loudly, and an ominous glint flashed in its glossy black eyes. Between its breaths, a poison fire sprayed out of its mouth.