Li Shishi's Heavenly Star Recruiting a Master

Calm Prefecture belonged to the Great Liang’s Dynasty Border Prefecture. [1] Overlooking the “Precipice Mountain of the Sea of Clouds” [2] that was near the Cloudcover Empire, [3] the Precipice Mountain of the Sea of Clouds was one of Liangshan Continent’s largest mountains. The borderless grasslands extended ten million li, and every windy season, appeared to be a rolling sea of clouds. The scent of the Cloud Aromatic Herb [4] even floated into Calm Prefecture’s ten towns, thus giving it the name. In addition, beyond the plains at the ends of the Precipice Mountain was the extremely remote and timeless White Tiger Territory.

The Cloudcover Empire used to be more than a hundred nomadic tribes, fighting hand to hand incessantly year in, year out, continuously in a state of division. Due to a leader that appeared in the Flourishing Orchid Clan, [5] there were changes. He carried out countless campaigns, allying the hundred thousand tribes to form the Cloudcover Empire. Since then, there was fear of the iron hoof of the oppressor at Liangshan. Due to frequent raids by scattered bandits, as a result, the several prefectures, counties and towns at the Precipice Mountain of the Sea of Clouds were guarded by fierce troops.

Stone Tablet City’s [6] walls had been built to several tens of zhang high, the city towers inside the clouds, appearing to be fierce teeth; from the high altitudes overlooking this city’s imposing vastness, it was just like a crawling giant creature. Because the four sides were all connected, Stone Tablet City was also exceptionally prosperous, with the Flourishing Orchid in the western regions, the barbarians in the northern borders saw visitors from all over.

After seven days, Su Xing arrived at Stone Tablet City. He did not conceal his appearance at all, and with the type of fenced off frontier area Calm Prefecture was, news of Star Cultivator sects in the middle of the plains was very difficult to be transmitted here. Even if it was passed on to here, this place’s sects were sparse and harmless.

Lin Yingmei and the rest were not hiding within the Star Nest, confidently following to the left and right of Su Xing, making him out to be an influential family’s son going on a tour. With maids that were like clouds in appearance, those other Star Cultivators would not doubt these four Star Generals were attendants serving him.

At this time, Su Xing’s group stood at Stone Tablet City’s center plaza under an immense stele. The stele’s height reached three zhang. It was created from Precipice Mountain’s dirt, engraved with the ten words of, “Vast Vital Energy Exists, the Stone Tablet Suppresses Supernatural Beings,” [7] each word nearly half the size of a person, the stroke intent ancient and inelegant, the strokes themselves powerful and forceful, straight and winding, an unexpectedly direct power whistling under the Blue Dome of Heaven. It was nothing special at first glance, but after a moment of attentive examination, suddenly one would feel dizzy, the whole person unexpectedly could not help but take a step backwards, making Su Xing unable to help exclaim in surprise: Such a despotic imposing manner.

“Ten years before, Cloudcover Empire’s and the Vermilion Bird Territory’s ghoul [8] clans colluded to refine tens of thousands of “Demon Cavalry” [9] and “Divine Generals” [10] that directly entered Liangshan, attacking the seven prefectures and hundred cities. Liang Huizong himself lead a campaign and met the enemy head on, breaking the enemy a thousand li to this Stone Stele City. They say that some remaining Demon Cavalry and Divine Generals are suppressed underneath this Stone Tablet. Ninety-nine Demon Suppressing Seals have been added onto it. Henceforth the Stele Suppressing Border, [11] the Cloudcover’s evil monsters do not dare approach anymore.”

Wu Xinjie had just opened her mouth to explain when a voice that sounded as if it had been through a lot stole her discussion.

The group turned and saw an gray elderly man. Wearing a Great Liang Emperor’s brocade, his Star Energy deep and resounding, it unexpectedly was a Galaxy Middle Stage cultivator from the Great Liang Dynasty’s court.