CHP 2.16 (Part 2): Countdown to Insanity

A/N: Hey everyone, I was planning a triple update but I don't think it's possible anymore... (⁠ ⁠;⁠∀⁠;⁠) Anyways, here is the chapter. Enjoy!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

CHP 2.16.2
-
Countdown to insanity

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is what that aunty meant by offering privileges?

The man's taunting laughter travelled from the back as if his efforts were a clown's play displayed merely for the purpose of entertainment in those eyes.

"You're really foolish."

Lin Jin calmed down.

Silently turning around he surveyed the man although his eyes remained still his mind was calculating everything at an enormous speed, visualizing the situation from various perspectives.

This man had a strong body, it was affirmed he'll be in a disadvantageous position if he were to engage in a brawl with him right here

Lin Jin's gaze paused on the man's face or to be specific that mask...

A sweet smile bloomed on his lips.

'Poppy looks like our escape plan needs to be executed now. We're escaping from here.'

[As you say host!]

Poppy immediately flew out of the window with the purpose to surveil the area.

Lin Jin corrected his stance and bowed while imitating the voice of those prostitues which always used to drip with sweetness.

Lin Jin: I'm sorry my lord. It's Yue'er's first time seeing a charming man such as you which is why Yue'er panicked~ Please forgive Yue'er~~

I hope you get diabetes.

He lifted his feet and softly stepped forward to sit beside him. Gently lifting the wine jar, he poured the wine in the cup.

Lin Jin: Please allow Yue'er to offer this cup of wine as an apology to the lord~

Lin Jin stared affectionately in the man's eyes. For a moment those blue eyes were everything that occupied the man's attention. Perhaps, this was the reason why he failed to notice the green pill which was effortlessly dissolving inside his cup right in front of his eyes, soon vanishing into nothingness.

[ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴜꜱᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴋɴᴏᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴘɪʟʟ.]

These props are really flexible to use.

The man seemed pleased by his submissive and coquettish attitude, he unhesitatingly snaked an arm around his waist and brought the cup of wine to his lips. [A/N: I hope the Protagonist doesn't kill me after reading this QQ ]

1 minute passed...

2 minutes passed...

5 minutes passed...

But the prop never took effect.

This led to a single conclusion.

The pill failed to take effect because the condition to use it wasn't satisfied.

There was only condition to use this pill that was that the consumer should be a physical body not possessing a soul spirit.

What the hell is a soul spirit by the way?