CHP 1.6 (Part 1): Studying Together

Lin Jin came back to himself but he still couldn't get over his shock.

Lin Jin: You... Why?

To this question, Zhang Wei sat on the desk with his long legs and said in lazy voice.

Zhang Wei: Well, somebody kept peeping at me. I thought that if I trim my hair they might get a better look at my handsome face. It will make it easier for them to look (peep) at me, right?

P..... peeping?

Lin Jin's ears went completely red.

Lin Jin: I.... I wasn't peeping at you.

.... Oh my Little liar... How can you be so cute?

Zhang Wei: When did I say it was you?

Lin Jin: You!!!......

Zhang Wei: Hahahaha.... You just admitted it yourself!!

Students seeing their interaction: (((;ꏿ_ꏿ;)))

Wait! This? Who was he to act so familiar with Su Ming?

There was only one person who acted friendly with Su Ming it was Li Yutong. Was there someone else.....

A name popped in their heads.

Their faces changed into disbelief.

This!!! This was Zhang Wei??!!!!

Some of the girls were already heart broken.

This was the school's most feared bully?!!!!

Looking at Zhang Wei laughing like an angel. Doubts roused in their heart.

How can he be compared to that gloomy and wild boy?!!!! Just how???!!!

While a war was breaking into their minds, the source of their conflict was sitting on the desk gazing at Lin Jin's ears.

Zhang Wei lifted his fingers and rubbed his flushed ear. His eyes narrowed as if he was enjoying the sensation of the soft skin underneath his fingers.

He pushed a curly strand of hair behind his ear and continued fiddling with his earlobe with a loving smile on his lips.

[ (O///////O) ]

'Why are you blushing?'

[I..... I.... d..... dunno! (>//////<) ]

Lin Jin on the other hand just looked at him expressionlessly, practically already used to these actions of his and said in a cold voice.

Lin Jin: Get down from my desk.

Zhang Wei reluctantly got up and sat on his seat. The commotion ended and the classroom was enveloped in a pin drop silence, everyone seemed confused and shocked out of their wits.

The day went by, Lin Jin and Zhang Wei also started working on their project. Zhang Wei was initially useless because he had no idea what the project topic was all about.

Lin Jin had to take his time and explain it all to him. Fortunately, Zhang Wei was a fast learner, in just few hours he already had understood the concept and was doing the researching process deligently.

They worked till late night and bid good night to each other before going to bed.

The next day was a weekend. So they stayed at home. Zhang Wei wanted to drag him out to play but Lin Jin insisted on continuing their work from last night.

Zhang Wei reluctantly agreed and continued to work hard. This was the first time Zhang Wei had actually done something other than playing on weekend and surprisingly he didn't seemed to dislike it.

Sitting in a room with Lin Jin and studying together wasn't so bad. Infact the peaceful and silent atmosphere made studying kind of... Just a tiny little bit enjoyable.

Zhang Wei would never admit he actually started enjoying 'studying'.

On the Sunday evening, Lin Jin was sitting on the couch doing his homework when Zhang Wei walked out and handed him a cup of coffee.

Zhang Wei: What are you writing?

Lin Jin: Homework.

Thinking of something, Lin Jin paused and looked at Zhang Wei.

Lin Jin: Did you do your homework?

Zhang Wei: ......

Lin Jin: Bring your notebook and sit down.

Zhang Wei obediently handed him his blank notebook and sat down.

Lin Jin patiently explained all the sums to Zhang Wei while solving them. Zhang Wei listened attentively and after some practicing he started solving them by himself.

Even the hard ones didn't need any explanation. Zhang Wei could solve them just like that.

Seeing this Lin Jin had to admit, the protagonist really was very smart.

On Monday, Lin Jin and Zhang Wei went to school together. The teacher were so much shocked when they saw Zhang Wei actually listening to their lectures instead of sleeping or playing games that they went stiff all over.

However, Teacher Lee was very satisfied she called Lin Jin to her office and handed him a bag of candies as a form of her gratitude.

It was a childish but sweet act.

At night when they were about to have dinner. Zhang Wei's phone rang, he glanced at the screen and his eyes narrowed.

Zhang Wei: I'll be back.

He went out to receive the call.

'Poppy'

[Roger!!]

Poppy followed Zhang Wei.

After 15 - 20 minutes Zhang Wei came back. Lin Jin was still obediently sitting on the table waiting for him.

Zhang Wei chuckled and said.

Zhang Wei: I'm sorry for that, let's eat. Should I reheat the food for you?

Lin Jin: It's fine.

Poppy secretly gave him a thumbs up.

After chatting for a bit Lin Jin told him that he was going to return home tomorrow.

Zhang Wei: You.... really don't want to stay with me here?

Lin Jin: It's only right that I go back. My injuries are healed so there's no point in staying here now.

Zhang Wei pouted and didn't speak anything again they silently ate their dinner.

Before going to sleep, Lin Jin didn't forget to ask poppy.

'What did he say?'

[The call was from the protagonist's father. It seemed as if he was telling him to visit the house for the birthday party. The protagonist became angry and after arguing for a bit he agreed to it. The party will be held in the Zhang family's mansion the day after tomorrow.]

'Good job.'

Finally, the female lead is going to appear.

[ (ㆁωㆁ) ] Hehehe.... Host praised me!!!