CHP 1.3 (Part 2): Hero (doesn't) saves the Beauty!

The days passed, at the end of every day Lin Jin would follow Zhang Wei to his house only to be ruthlessly rejected and left behind.

Then he would return home and help in the cafe then go to bed. This cycle continued for a few days to no avail.

Finally, one day...

'Do you have pain shield?'

Lin Jin asked out of nowhere while staring at the ceiling of his room.

[Yes! I can block any kind of pain. No matter how strong it is! ( '◡‿ゝ◡')]

Poppy puffed out his chest in pride.

'Good'

Its time to change our tactic.

And then the tiredness drifted him off to sleep, leaving alone a confused system sitting dumbly in the room.

Why did host suddenly asked for the pain shield?

The next day....

Zhang Wei didn't show up for the class. The rooftop was also empty, he originally didn't have many friends in the school so nobody had any idea where Zhang Wei went to.

That day it was snowing heavily. Lin Jin pushed up his glasses and walked towards the apartment in front of him.

This was Zhang Wei's apartment.

He was most probably chilling at his home.

Lin Jin didn't ring the bell of the apartment nor did he leave, he stood there and waited.

[Host are we waiting for the protagonist?]

Lin Jin really didn't wanted to lie to this stupid but innocent system of his. But he knew if he were to say his intentions, this innocent system would strongly refute.

He avoided his gaze and lowered his head saying with difficulty.

'N.... No, actually... I'm just here to take a walk, j.... just for fun.

*Sigh* Even a person with zero IQ wouldn't believe that.

[Ok, there is a cute cat at the end of the road. Shall we go and take a look at that too?]

Lin Jin: ......

Is this the legendary Minus IQ???

Just then someone hollered his name attracting their attention.

"If it isn't four eyes!!"

"What is the smarta*s doing here?"

"Oh could it be you're here to kiss that Zhang Wei's a*s again?"

A group of boys walked towards him.

This was an aristocratic colony where only rich generation could afford a living. Many of those rich second generation students from the school also used to live here.

All of them had the same thing in common they were arrogant, had low grades and loathed the original Su Ming since he was the top student of the school.

The group of boys bursted out laughing. Su Ming just expressionlessly stared at them without saying anything.

But secretly, the eyes inside his lenses shone with happiness.

Finally, the time has come!

He took off his glasses and put them into his bagpack.

On the other hand Poppy had a whole script written in his database.

So! that's! How! It! Was!

This is the typical hero saves the beauty strategy, isn't it? Isn't it?!

That's why the host has been waiting here.

The poor, innocent system didn't know what was about to come was immersed in his own fantasy.

Lin Jin: Scram if you want to talk nonsense.

The laughing stopped. This arrogant tone combined with the expression less face made him look like he was looking down on them.

The boy in front came forward grabbing his collar and easily lifted him up.

"Hah! Just because you have good grades doesn't mean that you can look down on us."

"Who the fu*k do you think you are?"

"You're asking for a beating you sh*thead! ......"

Soon the cursing changed into threats.

Poppy anxiously looked at the tightly closed door. The commotion should have attracted the protagonist's attention by now.

But he was still nowhere to be found!!!

How could this be!!!!

He kept altering his gaze from Lin Jin to the door and then to Lin Jin again.

"What are ya looking at? Kneel down and beg for forgiveness. Then we might let you off!"

Lin Jin: I prefer getting beaten up instead of kneeling before someone like you.

This sentence was all it took to snap their last bit of self restraint. The boy in the front fisted his hands and pounced on Lin Jin.

Poppy sighed and shook his head ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh well, Host is excellent in martial arts even if the cold hearted protagonist doesn't come to help, he can handle them on..... his........

own.......

..........

Poppy who watched as his host was tackled down on the snow by the punch and after that was stomped on heavily by others: (ʘᗩʘ')

Only when, the anger in them subsided did the group leave him lying pitifully on the snow.

#Beaten up into a pulp.

Poppy was so shocked even his data started to fluctuate. In his host's data it was clearly written that he used to do boxing as his hobby then why?.....

On the ground... Amidst his blurry consciousness, Lin Jin who was beaten blue and black smiled happily.

#Not a masochist.

And then fainted...

The next time he woke up he was lying on a soft couch inside a warm room.