CHP 1.6 (Part 2): Promise

The next day Zhang Wei sulked for the whole day and refused to talk to him. When Lin Jin told him he was returning home, Zhang Wei still personally dropped him off the back door of his house.

Lin Jin: Good bye see you tomorrow.

He turned around when Zhang Wei grabbed his hand and pulled, making him stumble a few steps backwards.

Instantly his eyes clashed with golden ones shining with sadness looking dejected to the extreme. The down turned eyebrows made him look like a puppy about to be abandoned by his owner.

He thought he could even see two imaginary drooping ears on his head.

A substle smile appeared on his expressionless face.

This guy can be unexpectedly cute sometimes.

It was funny how at the beginning he had to struggle so much to get into his house.

And now, he won't let me leave....

He covered the others hand with his palm lifted his head peering into his eyes.

Lin Jin: What are you so worried about? It's not like I'm going to run away somewhere. If you need me, just come to the cafe I'll be there.

The sunlight reflected in those azure eyes gave it a warm and gentle orange hue. The forever straight mouth finally blended into a small curve his lips carrying a natural elegance and allure.

Zhang Wei suddenly didn't want take his eyes off him. His golden irises expanded and took in the scene in front of him greedily as if wanting to completely imprint it into his mind.

Usually, Lin Jin's eyes were dull, like everything he saw had no value to him. It almost seemed like everything in this world was foreign to him, he didn't belong to this place.

But right now his eyes were bright, his own face was reflected in those eyes. For a moment Zhang Wei had a thought.

How good would it be if those eyes only had mine reflection in them forever.

How good would it be if I was the only one to be able to see your smile.

How good would it if you also desired me as crazily as I did to have you.

He took a step forward his shadow completely enveloped Lin Jin's small body pushing him to take a step back.

Zhang Wei: You promise?

Because of the darkness Lin Jin couldn't see the others expression.

But hearing his hoarse voice, Lin Jin didn't know, why he felt a chill run down his spine.

Lin Jin: Yes

Zhang Wei: What if you break your promise?

Lin Jin: Eh?

A hand grabbed his arm forcing him into place.

Zhang Wei: If you ever break your promise then.... Hehehe.....

He leaned down to his ears and whispered....

Zhang Wei: I won't go easy on you anymore.

After that he walked away.

.......

Lin Jin wrinkled his eyebrows in confusion.

Why is he making such a fuss about a measly promise? So weird.

Lin Jin brushed it off and walked to wards the door.

He wasn't going to stay here for forever he had to do his mission and then return back into the transmigration bureau. So this promise naturally did not mean much to him.

......

Though..... Only the future Lin Jin knew how much he regretted making this promise.
______________________________________

The next day, Zhang Wei didn't show up at school. Lin Jin knew the reason but he still called him to ask about his absence.

Zhang Wei: There's an invitation in your english textbook.

He opened the book and there really was an invitation in it.

When the hell did he put this in my textbook?!

Zhang Wei: When you went to the toilet.

Oh! so that's whe....

Wait, did I say that out loud?

Zhang Wei: My birthday party will be held today and remember!! when you come to the party act like you don't know me. Don't even look at me, Don't talk to anybody and leave as fast as you can.

Zhang Wei said in a serious tone. Lin Jin didn't get angry. After all he knew the reason Zhang Wei wanted to hide him. Infact, This attitude of Zhang Wei was the proof that he did had some importance in Zhang Wei's heart.

Lin Jin: I'm sorry, I won't be able to come.

Zhang Wei: Really?!! Then that's goo.. I mean that's really bad.

Zhang Wei was very happy to hear that. After conversing for a while they hung up. As the birthday boy, Zhang Wei was busy.

The reason Zhang Wei didn't want to act familiar with him wasn't because he was ashamed of doing so but because, he was afraid of doing it.

From an early age, Zhang Wei had been the typical popular kid. Everywhere he went, there were mygraids of people showering praises at him.

His grades were good, combined with his looks and personality he was adored by everyone.

Whereas his brother Zhang Hao did not have such talent. From childhood onwards he tried and worked hard to become like Zhang Wei but failed, no matter how much he tried he could never exceed Zhang Wei in any aspects.

He was frustrated that he couldn't defeat his own younger brother. At the time he was studying diligently and thought ways to make his image better in front of others. Zhang Wei did it all effortlessly.

As the time went by this frustration turned into jealousy and then into anger. He became more and more greedy, desiring everything Zhang Wei had his, grades, his looks, his personality.

He wanted to become like him.

He made a plan and started stealing everything away from him. He spread bad rumours about him in the school which made everyone afraid of him.

Zhang Wei was falsely accused of doing bad things, whenever he tried to refute himself, nobody believed him. They started criticizing him even more, slowly he was isolated from others.

Zhang Wei who had no one to turn to became depressed and confused. His grades dropped at an alarming rate, his personality changed into a violent and gloomy one, his heart which was once thumping in youthful playfulness had nothing but hatred now.

By the time he could understand anything it was too late, he was already standing alone in this huge world with nothing to hold onto.

His friends, his reputation, his image everything was no more. His every move was monitored by his brother, the people who approached him were only there to monitor him on his brother's order.

And thus, he developed a personality disorder. He became afraid of trusting others which was also the reason why when finally he found someone he could trust, he became afraid.....

He became afraid that if his brother were to know about Lin Jin he would steal him away from him too.

Save the Villainous Protagonist! (World Hopping) - BLजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें