CHP 1.9 (Part 1): A Test for Lin Jin

[A/N: Heyyaa everyone! Before proceeding further. Let me tell ya'll, this chapter has 4000 words meaning it's very long. So read it till the end only then will you be able to understand what is going on. Byee, enjoy! (。・ω・。)ノ♡ ]

Zhang Hao: Hello, you must be Zhang Wei's friend. I am his elder brother, Zhang Hao. Here's my business card.

A grey and blue business card was handed to him.

Zhang Hao: Would you mind having a chat with me? It's regarding that fellow.

Ah... Here it comes.

[Host! Are we about to face slap the villain?]

'Yup. Better be attentive.'

After all, you're going to play an important role in it.

[Leave it to me!! ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ᕤ ]

Su Ming: Sure.

He got into the car and informed Su Qing that he'll be late today.

Zhang Hao drove the car and took him to a cafe.

The atmosphere of the cafe was dim and awfully quiet with not a single customer in view. The barista on the counter gave them their orders and hurried in, not daring to lift her head up.

This cafe must be Zhang Hao's territory.

'Poppy, let's start.'

[Yes, host!]

They moved towards the corner seat.

Before they sat down, Lin Jin took the initiative to tactfully extend his hand forward.

Lin Jin: Forgive my negligence. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Li- ... *Cough* Su Ming. Nice to meet you.

Although, you already know it...

They shook their hands and sat down. Zhang Hao elegantly lifted his Iced lemon tea and took a sip before beginning to speak.

Zhang Hao: *clears throat* My brother.... Not going to lie, he is very troublesome. I'm surprised how he managed to befriend yo- ...

Su Ming: Wrong, I was the one who befriended him.

With Lin Jin interfering the atmosphere turned stiff.

Zhang Hao: ... Oh... I see... That boy *sigh*.... I really don't know what to do with him. He is always making trouble for father, it's like he is dead set on embarrassing him. He has a bad temper and a rude personality. Father doesn't like him one bit the same goes for the others... Strictly speaking, you don't have anything to gain by being with him.

Lin Jin: ...

Coming to the topic already? So straightforward O_o ....

Zhang Hao: So, how about you do me a favor? I'm better than him. I'll treat you well and give you financial help too, if you need.

Lin Jin: .....

How about a big fat a*s 'NO' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?

Zhang Hao: It's nothing much, you see how bad he is. I just want you to keep an eye on him and inform me about his daily life. I'm worried about him, so I just want to see to it that he doesn't do anythi- .....

Lin Jin: Not doing it.

[Yes!! Not doing it!! (=`ェ'=)]

Zhang Hao: .....( O_O )

Lin Jin: .... (. ❛ - ❛.)

Zhang Hao: Oh, do you want money? I can satisfy your wants, if out tell-...