𝓑𝓪𝓮𝓵𝓸𝓷 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷

Start from the beginning

When King Jaehaerys, queen Alyssa and prince Baelon were looking for the babe they were informed he was in prince Aemon's chamber, being fed and cared for by his princess wife, Aurelle. Mixed feelings were there as she had lived but Alyssa had not. Of course it was not her fault but why had she been so lucky to survived birthing twin sons but not Alyssa who only had one son? It was an act of the Gods. When they arrived, Aemon let them in, in the bed was the princess, her sons in each arm, resting while prince Aegon slept on her chest, sleeping peacefully, better than the day he was born. Baelon made a decision, he would ask his good sister to raise his son, he of course would be there but he wanted the young boy to be raise by a loving mother, like Alyssa had been with Viserys and Daemon and how Aurelle had been with Visenya, Valaena and Rhaenys.

Prince Baelon's children grew up calling princess Aurelle mother, alongside that, they called her daughters and sons brothers and sisters. A big family king Jaehaerys used to say. Aemon never objected as he had seen his wife and children were, besides he too was happy. The years passed and princess Aurelle never bore more children, not that she wanted to she had eight to take care of, counting Baelon's sons. Over the years people expected prince Baelon to stay loving his sister and he did but he moved on, he fell in love once again but this time with someone he could not have. His good sister, princess Aurelle, his brother's wife.

Five years after Alyssa's death, prince Baelon never married not that he could. He knew he had no real chance has his brother lived but it seemed luck was on his side as prince Aemon had lost his life after returning from a battle, his wife princess Aurelle wept for days, some say it was full moon. Thirty days straight many had said. Prince Rhaegar was named King Jaehaerys heir, as his father was to be king before him but he died before his time. The prince was thirty seven, leaving behind his thirty year old wife a widow. Many mourned prince Aemon's death, but none more than her, his lady wife. She loved him, very dearly and no one could deny it. Prince Baelon wanted make his move and ask for her hand in marriage as many had urged him to remarry but he had no need as him nor his sons would inherit nothing, his nephew would one day be king.

Aurelle had been told she could remarry or stay in King's Landing living a free life of marriage and as the Dowager Queen for her son after King Jaehaerys. Prince Baelon stood by her side through her mourning time, watching the woman he loved suffered for the man she loved. On Aurelle's thirty and two name day, prince Baelon confessed his love for her. "When Alyssa passed I never thought I would ever fall in love ever again. She was my other half. But, you. You were there. You made me happy even when I thought happiness was no longer an option. You showed my children love, compassion and care. You have love them as if they were your own. You have accepted them" she stood on shock. "I know Aemon will always be your other half, and I do not wish to take that from you. I just hope that one day, you will care for me as I care for you" she nodded but said nothing. She kissed his cheek and left.

The two didn't talk since then. She sat in her chambers, her mother read a book by her window as her time to return to the North was nearing. "Baelon is a good man. I know he loved his Alyssa as you loved your Aemon. You two will always love the people you married many years ago but they are gone and you two remain here. Alone. I do not wish for you to spend the rest of your life alone, Aurelle. I wish to see you happy and content" her mother said as she looked at her daughter. "And you think a man would do it?" she asked. "I've married. I did my duty and provided him with the heirs he needed. Three daughters and two sons. What else is there for me to give?" she asked. "I am not saying you need to give more. I am saying is time for you to take something for yourself. To allow yourself to love again. To be happy. But that is for you. Something you must decide" her mother said before walking out of her chambers.