Chapter 71: New Knight!

Beta read by Shigiya

.

.

.

-Kuoh Academy-

To say these last few days were hectic would be an understatement.

We were all so very exhausted and we were reaching our limits. Especially after what Serafall did to the Kuoh. A third of the city had turned into a wasteland that needed the combined efforts of all thousands of Fallen Angels from Azazel and Devils to defrost.

Rias was at the front and center, using her power of destruction to become a glorified cleaner. I helped, of course, her powers couldn't even melt the ice until I weakened it with many… MANY instances of using Delete Field and Blaze Black Flare.

Fortunately, none of the people died, Serafall somehow managed to encase them in a literal coffin of ice which preserved their bodies perfectly for days, like some magical cryo tube.

Why wasn't she helping us by dismissing her own powers? Because she couldn't, at least according to her words. I was just convinced that she was just being lazy and wanted to spend her remaining days in Kuoh with her sister, but I wasn’t going to say that to a Maou.

"Haa… I'm tired!"

I fell onto a patch of grass in the middle of the school garden. I used my Sacred Gear a total of 472 times in less than a week, constantly emptying my reserves and drinking Momo's homemade mana potions to recover quickly.

"Sorry to say this Vritra, but I don't want to see your black armor anytime soon. Just the thought of using Delete Field even once makes me want to vomit." I said, watching the leaves on the tree in front of my eyes move from the breeze.

"I do not blame you, even though I had to take regular naps recently. I never thought I would say this but I rather go further inside our soul and just relax for a few decades."

I wouldn’t go that far, but yeah, we both needed a vacation.

"Oh yeah, I did promise to take Rias on a date. Maybe I can do it tomorrow as she's been working the most these last few days."

"True, the heiress has taken her role as the protector of this town seriously. She deserves this, both of you do. Take your rest, partner, I shall take my leave for now." He spoke before going quiet, I could sense his presence sink deeper and deeper till he vanished.

Hmm, where should I bring Rias? Unfortunately, I couldn't bring her to Saizeriya… by this point, I nearly brought everyone there. Worst of all, none of them seemed impressed by the restaurant, aside from Asia and Ophis. What a missed opportunity, they didn't know what was good for them.

Maybe I could bring her for a picnic, I don't think she wants to walk around the city any more after having done so constantly for the entire week. Or maybe I can put my cooking skills to use after so long time and prepare a dinner or something.

Content with that idea, I decided to sleep and slowly close my eyes, waiting for my mind to slowly drift to the realm of Morpheus.

Step

Step

I heard the sound of someone's gentle feet thumping over the grass. Hopefully, whoever it was would recognize that by being here with my eyes closed meant that I didn't want to be disturbed.

To my dismay, this person came closer till I felt the rays of the sun get blocked by their figure most likely. I still refused to give them any attention or even open my eyes. I was also too lazy and tired to speak, expecting my silence to be a clear answer for them to just fuck off.