Chapter 85.5: Omake 1

Beta read by Shigiya and Maglad.

Major Lemon Warning!

For those wondering if this happened or not, read till the end if you're curious. Not gonna spoil anything :)

.

.

.

-Gremory Castle-

"Ara Ara, what a delightful surprise," Venelana's voice rang out, a touch of amusement in her words. Her eyes danced at the unexpected sight, mirrored by Shuri, who appeared equally taken aback by the scene before them.

"Ah, you've returned at last, Hachi-kun," Venelana continued, her tone a mixture of mild reproach and amusement. "Akeno had grown rather concerned about your relentless efforts. Fufufu~ How impish of you to seek solace in the company of our charming Grayfia-san~"

My soul was shattered into equal parts shock and relief, my body gratefully registering the presence of Rias's and Akeno’s mother’s. A sweet current of reassurance flowed through me — it wasn't Lucifer entering the room. Yet, the situation had not exactly improved.

The words that tumbled from my lips were a jumbled mess, a frantic attempt to regain my composure. "I-I-I can explain…" Desperation laced my voice as I scrambled to form a coherent sentence. With a rush of awkward energy, I managed to rise from the bathtub, which seemed to both intrigue and disappoint the silver-haired maid. The urge to teleport away surged within me, but I stifled it. No, teleportation wouldn't save me from this. "It's all a terrible misunderstanding! I-I need to go now. Bye."

To my dismay, my escape was thwarted by delicate hands that as soon as I walked past between Venelana and Shuri, secured a hold on each of my shoulders, mirroring the gesture Grayfia had employed but moments ago. My heart threatened to climb out of my mouth as I found myself in a situation that grew more surreal by the second, captive as I was on my way to reach for a towel too far, one that right now seemed to shine with promises of both sanity and safety.

"Oh, dear, you can't just slip away after making such a grand entrance," Venelana purred, her amusement evident in her honeyed tone. "Join us for a little chat, Hachi-kun~"

"Yes, indeed," Shuri chimed in, her voice tinged with nostalgia. "It's been quite a while since we last shared a bath. You were such an adorable endearing little boy back then, and now you've blossomed into such a striking young man. Let's catch up and reminisce about the good old days."
The prospect of engaging mother and her friend during such an utterly compromising moment was a nightmare that eclipsed all previous challenges in my life. Sairaorg's rigorous training, the fear of Sirzechs discovering my secret — they all paled in comparison to this very moment. The sting of Gáe Bolg's cursed thrust almost pale in comparison.

This ordeal had neither fire nor brimstone, but its consequences promised a social maelstrom with the power to unravel my very soul.

My heart raced as their words enveloped me in a cocoon of surreal discomfort. Caught between Venelana's playful insistence and Shuri's nostalgic reminiscence, I found myself frozen like a deer about to get hit by an eighteen wheeler.
I experienced that crystal clarity you sometimes hear about from the testimony of catastrophe survivors or professional fighters. Time itself conspired to amplify every detail of the room, and I became hyper aware of every droplet of water clinging to my skin, to say nothing of every detail of the beautiful ladies in the room. The air felt charged with an awkward tension, as an almost-palpable energy crackled between us.

Gathering the tatters of my courage, I managed a weak chuckle in a feeble attempt to mask my unease. "Well, you know, time does change people, and um, the meaning of otherwise perfectly innocent situations."