Rebirth part 8

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

.

.

.

-Kuoh Mountainous region-

In the woods surrounding the Gremory summer mansion, were acres upon acres of woodland surrounding the mountainous region without any other signs of human settlements near the area; it was the perfect paradise for outdoor camping.

It's been 3 days since the Gremory started their 10 day training period, with only a week remaining before the Rating Game.

Everyone was doing their best to improve their collective skills and strengths. Sona’s group, who were training alongside the Gremory one, had also seen progress among their peers.

Reya floated in the air with her devil wings out, her hands glowing with demonic energy as she was facing one of the toughest opponents she'd ever faced. She was barely hanging on, burnt patches of clothes and bruises all over her body.

"Haa, Haa, Haa… I… really can't beat you… Himejima-senpai. You're too powerful…" She said haggardly, slowly falling to the ground

On the opposite side of the field was Akeno, not sporting a single injury or bruise, unlike Sona's bishop. Still looking as pristine and full of energy before they started their spar.

"Ara Ara, such high praise~ You're not bad yourself, Kusaka-san. I believe you even surpass Hachi-kun with your spells and diversity."

"Hehehe, well I did help him in his studies as a magician. He may not have the talent of an average magician, but his creativity and reserves more than make up for it."

This prompted a pleased chuckle from the Half-Fallen. "Fufufufu, are you trying to lower my guard by pleasing me with all these compliments on my boyfriend?"

"Is it working?" Reya said warily, only to falter when she saw Akeno's eyes narrow with golden lighting forming between her fingertips. "I guess not…"

"Brace yourself, [Holy Lightning]!" Heavy dark clouds gathered above the bishop's head with golden snakes of lightning dancing around the sky.

The next moment, golden lighting that was large as a person in width, descended from the clouds and nearly struck a panicking Reya, who quickly used her recently learned spell from Azazel.

"[Reverse]!" A white aura was launched from her hands and encompassed Akeno's attack. The lightning faltered for a bit, surprising Akeno and earning a smile from Reya… only for it to soon disappear as the [Holy Lightning] continued its course and hit her dead on!

"Kyaaa!!!" Since this was merely a spar, Akeno didn't use her full power, but with the combination of holy and lightning attributes in the attack, was still very dangerous to devils no matter how little is used. And it showed with Reya as she began bleeding with her skin turning black from light poisoning while twitching from the electricity coursing through her body.

Good thing that Asia was nearby as the group's personal medic. "Huuuuu! Don't worry Kusaka-san, I will heal you!" The nun in her black jersey, ran toward the wounded devil and used her [Twilight Healing] to close up the wounds and remove any residual holy or light energy.

Reya in her lightheaded state, couldn't help but cuddle up with the nun. "Huuuu, you're truly an angel Asia-chan~ humu humu." She rubbed her cheeks at the extremely flustered girl, while she continued to heal her.

"A-a-anooo… ple-please let m-me go, Kusaka-san. I-I need to treat your injuries!"

"Hmmmm, no. A few more minutes…"