A Witch

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

.

.

.

--Kuoh Academy-

Just like Griselda had mentioned, the next day at school, I received word from Koneko that there were two Exorcists waiting in front of the gates and waiting for permission to enter.

We still had a few more minutes before we had to meet them, so I wasn't in a hurry.

For the moment, I was in my club room, taking the time to actually deal with some paperwork and give Aika some well-deserved rest and send her home early. Though, I also sent her away because I knew that today would be an important day and didn't want the exorcist to mistake her for being associated with Devils and cause unnecessary danger or get her involved in this mess.

Asia sat beside me, finishing up her Japanese homework. She looked so concentrated on her studies, I had to resist the urge to pat her head. For someone who couldn't speak Japanese from the get-go with the Devil's cheat-like ability, I had to teach her a bit of magic for her to learn the [Dual Translate] spell.

The girl didn't want to take the easy route and genuinely wanted to learn the language through her own efforts.

What a hard-working little angel~

"Hachiman-san, what does this kanji mean?"

"Hmm, that's 'good luck'"

"Ooh, Kanji is really hard, but I'll do my best!" Asia said as she wrote a few more lines before closing her notebook.

"I'm done!"

"Have you done your math homework?"

"Yes!"

"History?"

"Yes!"

"Great, I'll be back in a bit. Wait for Kalawarna to arrive, and don't leave the room without her or my permission."

The streets were getting dangerous. I was beginning to get reports from Kala about a recent finding of numerous corpses of Stray Devils all over Kuoh. All had died from a holy blade. My initial thought was that maybe Griselda, Xenovia, and Irina decided to spend some time patrolling the town and taking out some of the strays to pass the time.

But these reports dated from before their arrival.

So it was either Kokabiel or a random holy sword wielder who just happened to come to town.

'Yeah, the answer was pretty obvious. Kokabiel would rather keep the Strays around if it meant that it would keep Rias and Sona distracted from his plans.'

Walking through the empty hallways, I made sure that no one remained inside the school, and after a few minutes, I finally reached the abandoned dorm where Akeno and the others were waiting.

I knocked on the door out of courtesy before entering.

"Yo."

The members of the Gremory group were gathered in the club room. On the sofa, Rias with Akeno with Kiba and Koneko standing behind the two and the two "guests" were sitting with one of them giving the rest a hostile glare.

Blue hair, carrying around a sword bigger than her, and a pretty face that was ruined by her scowl.

They came without Griselda like expected, though I would have preferred that she had come along. These two definitely weren't the best at talking, mostly Xenovia.