Chapter 69: Kokabiel

Beta read by Shigiya

Next update is To love a sword

.

.

.

-Kuoh-

They went in straight from the main gate. Having received Rias's message about Kokabiel attacking the school, Kiba came as quickly as he could. The moment he entered the field, the Knight called his sword, [Holy Eraser]. 

The fight with Jeanne revealed to him a truth he didn't want to face all this time.

'I'm still too weak….' 

Everyone was getting ahead of him. His King trained hard before her fight against Riser, growing leaps and bounds compared to her past self. Akeno mastered her Holy Lightning, Koneko made progress with Senjutsu every day, and Hachiman had already left him in the dust. 

He still remembered the days when the latter would barely hold a single minute in a duel against him. Back when he didn't even need to use his sword to defeat Hachiman. Now… It was the complete opposite. 

He failed to protect Akeno, it was his fault she got badly hurt by Jeanne.

If it wasn't for Saji's help and Issei's [Boosted Gear], things would have turned out for the worst for all of them. 

Kiba knew that the only way to get stronger was by unlocking his Balance Breaker… but despite all the hard work he put into his training. The blood, swear, and tears that he had shed—not once had [Sword Birth] responded to his plea. It continued to remain silent, his power unchanged, something which frustrated him to no end.

But he couldn't lose today… not again… never again!

"This is bad…" he said, having everyone around him become speechless after seeing what was happening in their school. 

In the middle of the school field, five swords were releasing an extreme amount of light as they floated. At the center of the rotating swords was a large magic circle that was connected to the fragmented swords. And standing in the middle of the circle was a short bespectacled, elderly man with gray hair and a mustache in priest robes. 

Kiba's eyes widened as he saw a person he and Hachiman had searched for years without success, the latter managing to elude each of their attempts and disappear from the face of the Earth. Now, it was clear that it was none other than Kokabiel who was helping him hide.

An old man stood calmly in the middle of the magic circle—Valper Galilei. 

“You…” Kiba spoke out, filled with so much hate, it almost surprised the others..

The old man looked at him, his eyes squinting a bit at the Knight's face. “Ah, the Gremory group is finally here to see my greatest masterpiece. Behold! I’m going to reforge the four Excaliburs into one.” he said with a hint of amusement in his tone.

“Valper, how much longer will it take for the Excaliburs to merge?”

“…!”

A voice spoke from up in the sky. When all of the club members raised their heads, they found Kokabiel, who had the moon as his background. Sitting on a chair up in the air while looking down at them. Those who were more sensitive to magic, like Koneko, wouldn't help but shudder at this man's presence.

“It won’t even take 5 minutes, Kokabiel-sama.”

“Is that so? Well then… I will leave it to you, I suppose.”

The Angel of the Stars moved his eyes from Valper to Rias before moving to the rest of her group. After finishing his inspection, he frowned, failing to find the one he was hoping to see.