Chapter 66: Deal

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

.

.

.

Kuoh-

As soon as the portal opened, I unhesitatingly jumped through it.

I did not worry that Ophis would send me somewhere else and trick me. She was infinitely stronger than myself, so why bother going through any kind of schemes when she could just crush me with a single-finger snap?

And we had a deal, and she seems the type to honor her deals.

As soon as I reached the other side, I saw the familiar figure of Jeanne, any anger slipped through my control when our past interaction started to resurface in my mind and when I saw both heavily injured Kiba, Akeno, and even Xenovia at the corner of my eye, it started to spike. These types of people knew to only cause more chaos whenever they went.

I called out my Prison Wings to accelerate my descent. Both of my arms were covered in shining black gauntlets allowing me to deliver a strike so strong that it created a shockwave on impact and sent the girl plummeting to the ground.

"Revenge really feels good." These words escaped my mouth as I turned my attention to the mage guy near me. "Your turn."

I did not know his identity, nor did I care to know who he was. They were both together and he stood alongside her, so he was an enemy as well. A black sphere of pure darkness magic formed in between my palm, it fired itself straight for his head.

Woosh!

To my surprise, a weird fog surrounded him before swallowing my attack and making it disappear. He didn't block it or make it disperse… it looked like he teleported it away to another area.

"No matter, you both are staying here."

He could block my attacks with a spatial field around his body. But there had to be a limit, I wanted to see if he could move around with this power still active or if he could displace the effects of space.

"[Delete Field!]"

A black dome expanded from the center of my chest, spreading over the entire area till everything and everyone inside this dimension was rendered weaker. My powers affected both my enemies and allies, all the same, Momo fell to her knees, Issei and Saji couldn't keep their Sacred Gears active and Irina used her sword as a support. Kiba and Akeno were already extremely weak and unable to fight—so my field didn't have much of an effect on him.

It seemed like the mage's spatial powers were stronger than I expected, he didn't look as weakened as the rest—just continuing to glare at me from behind the fog.

I tried to use the [Absorption Line] to no avail, the line would continuously fly whilst inside the fog, and it hit no obstacles of any sort. Eventually, it reached its limit and returned to my hand.

"So are you just going to continue hiding?" I taunted the guy, "How fitting of you. I expected nothing less than from you wannabe heroes." My words triggered the man enough for him to throw magical spells at me.

With a single wave of his hand, dozens of multicolored magic circles from different cultures, systems, and elements formed all around him like a spectrum. Even as my enemy, I acknowledged that this was a skilled mage, capable of doing such a thing with a simple wave was an impossible task for me, and probably for most magic users. I could barely cast two simultaneous attack spells let alone half a hundred without effort. And some of these spells I failed to recognise.

"You underestimated me." he said before firing a barrage of spells at me.

"I can say the same for you, did you forget that your spells aren't protected by that fog of yours?"