Dragon vs Exorcist

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

.

.

.

.

.

.

-Occult Research Club-

Hmmm. So how did things turn out like this?

I was expecting to wake up this morning and find Rias and Akeno by my side, sleeping naked like usual, trying to get a rise out of me. In more ways than one. The former was a bit too clingy after my so-called ‘near death experience’ with the Exorcists, though it was nice seeing Rias acting so motherly over my non-existence injuries. Griselda and the two tagalongs just came over to talk and nothing else.

Now, I knew the day would become a headache for me with the other two Exorcists coming to Kuoh Academy for a visit.

I still needed to talk to Sona about how things were going with Serafall. Had the latter decided to spare my life after realising that the chess game was only played out of boredom and to help Sona relax—not a marriage proposal. I liked Sona, not in a romantic way, but rather as a friend who I could easily get along with and learn new things. Aside from her devil nature, Sona acted the most normal out of every devil and even most people I knew about. Tsubaki was slightly beneath her. And Asia followed right after them, despite her naivety.

'Seriously, why does every person in my life have a few screwloose? Or are we, in fact, the odd ones in this world?'

…That would honestly explain so much.

Anyways, what I wasn't ready for nor expected on my part was having punched Xenovia right through the window. Her body shattered the glass into countless shards as she fell downwards from the second floor of the building.

Was I worried about her?

A bit, yes.

But I couldn't let it stop me now.

The person known as Hikigaya Hachiman wasn't a violent person. Whether it be in this life or my last one, cowardly would be the closest type of person I would have associated myself with, along with distrustful, cynical, and lacking any manly pride. Hating violence and hurting others for no reason, even those who insulted me.

Nevertheless, I had a limit—everyone did.

And I reached my limit not by becoming angered over someone insulting or belittling me. But rather, someone threatening to kill and take away an innocent soul who had nothing to do with the fate that befell her. Not just her. If anyone had said the same thing to anyone else in this room to whom I grew close for years, then I would have punched them to the moon nonetheless.

Was I getting a bit too violent?

Yes, this world kept changing me as time went on. The Sacred Gear's powers, before Vritra had awoken from his sleep, had done something to my mind. Here, strength carried more power and weight than words, unfortunately. If I couldn't adapt and go along with its rules, then I would have been long gone.

"Xenovia!"

"Hachiman!?" Kiba shouted in shock.

What a mess…

Not that I couldn't understand his current emotions. He was supposed to be the one who everyone kept an eye on, not me. He was the one who held the biggest amount of hate against the Church in the first place, not me. Not even Rias or Akeno expected to see a fight break out in the room with me being the one to throw the first punch.