A talk

Beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

.

.

.

--Saizeriya-

'These two sure do eat a lot.'

Ever since coming to this world, I noticed that my own appetite increased substantially from my past self. I wasn't devouring enough food to fill an entire warehouse in a single seating, but it sure did feel like it many times after a fight. 

This change didn't come out of nowhere though, all of this came from my increase in physical training and the huge stamina drain from using Vritra's power—my use of magic also played a huge part in my increasing diet. A single day of intense training would lead me to consume an entire extra large pizza without issue.

Nevertheless, I had to always keep an eye on my calorie intake. I didn't have the physique that Devils, Fallens and Angels possessed where they could eat a gross amount of food without exercising and not gain any weight.

Koneko being the prime example of this theory, with how much sugar she consumed in a single day. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if she ate the equivalent of a few kilograms of sugar a day and not gain a single pound.

Rias had a bad habit of sneaking to the kitchen at three in the morning and having instant ramen when she felt stressed or bored.

There were no negative consequences to any of their diets unlike normal humans.

Magic bullshit I guessed… like everything else in their lives.

But that was it, I only expected beings like them to have such a broken metabolism. Yet from the scene in front of me, I was once again proven wrong.

"Delicious! Italian cuisine is delicious!” Xenovia mumbled with her mouth full as she slurped up more spaghetti from her seventh plate.

This girl really liked pasta dishes, seeing how she also consumed a plate of lasagna and ravioli a few minutes ago.

'I better take the menu away from her before she orders again.'

“Yes, yes! This is it! This is the taste of pure bliss and the handiwork of a Michelin Star chef!!”

I doubted a place like Saizeriya could afford a large group of coveted chefs to cook food at every establishment they owned. I guess the Church had subpar food, if such simple dishes were able to get such a reaction from these two.

Irina and Xenovia continued to fill their stomachs with the food that they ordered for which I was paying for in the end. 

They ate far too much for it to be normal.

Were they really assassins sent from the Christian Church or were they just a pair of world class competitive eaters? They basically devoured their weights worth of food in a single hour, even the waitress gave them a disturbed look at there frantic eating, as if having witnessed something horrifying that toppled her understanding of the world.

I could empathize with her, as I turn away from this train wreck.

"By the way, whose child did you kidnap as a tribute for the devils?" Xenovia said, catching me by surprise. I nearly banged my head from the insane accusation or was about to slap her upside the head for such a remark.

This girl still had no tact.

"Where did you even get that idea! This is just a lost child I found a while ago and was planning to drop off at the police station to help find her parents. But I accidentally ran into two starving girls who were about to commit a crime to get some money!"