When Beth comes into view, a really pissed off Liaison is in tow. "Hi baby," she greets walking up to me.

She looks stunning as usual. The color of her hair is different today. Bleached blond, it hangs in waves above her shoulders. Her heart-shaped face is flawlessly covered in make-up and her short white dress is showcasing her tan toned legs.

When she walks into me, she throws her arms around my neck then she plants a kiss on my lips, one worthy of a show, one that marks a territory.

I'm watching Liaison through all of it and she's grimacing. She's not too happy and if I say I don't feel good seeing the jealous streaks dashing across her face, I would be lying. My plan is slowly working and I love it.

When Beth and I break apart, she nuzzles in my neck then lazy kisses follow where her tongue trails off.

"You didn't call."

The statement is at Liaison but Beth answers instead. "I know- I was in town and thought that you'd love it if I were to stop over."

Stopping over has never been a thing. Beth knows my rules; we have an understanding. What we have doesn't go beyond sex and turning up like this is certainly not a part of it.

When she turns and sees Liaison standing awkwardly in the doorway, she says, "oh, you're still here? Sorry I thought you left. You can go now and take my bags up to Corey's room."

I know Beth can be a bitch but that was uncalled-for and it annoys me. I watch Liaison pick up the cases in a snatching motion and her jaws are clenched so tight I fear her teeth may shatter. She walks off and because dinner is about to start, I don't have time to address what's just happened. Instead, I allow Beth to pull me over to the bar where she proceeds to make me a drink.

***

My team offered to do a trade-off with Mack's. He wants the Clifton heights Mall on Parking Street, and I want the skyscraper he owns in Hengrove Place along with the lands surrounding it.

I already have the land; now all I need is the deed for the bloody building and after our negotiations he's ready to sign it over to me.

My deal breaker is, he has to keep every store in the mall until the leases are up and the rent must not exceed beyond the means of the small businesses operating out of it.

The interest he takes in why I want the skyscraper and lands is none of his business so I don't elaborate the plans I have to him. Mack doesn't like it but he has a sweet deal and I know he doesn't want it slipping through his fingers.

"I take it that this proves it's a done deal," he says from across the table as he forks and chomps the duck that I haven't tried yet.

"Not quite, you haven't signed the contract." I answer glancing at the woman sitting next to him.

Another escort, everyone knows he uses them. After his fifth marriage, Mack swore he would never do it again. He introduced her as Amber. Red hair and heavy make-up, she plays the part of arm candy very well.

"And I will, just let me enjoy dinner first. I haven't had duck this good in a very long time."

After he downs his glass of Pinot Gris he looks around the table and when he finds the wine bottle, he empties the contents in his glass.

"Corey has a new housekeeper who is also a chef. The food is ok, I've had better though." Beth speaking reminds me that she's here too. Downplaying how good Liaison cooking is annoys me on top of everything else.