Vouch for you - part 4 ♦️ Targaryens/Velaryons

Start from the beginning

'So if I have to hear one more of you tell me that you apologize... then I will make sure you will not see the sun ever again!' You yell. Your chest heaving.

'Y/n...' Aemond voice calmly sounds in your ear.

Your head turns to look him in the eyes. His eyes are pleading for you to sit again. To just let them be and take care of yourself.

'We will be civil, I promise you... but I do not want to hear your false apologies...' you say before returning to your seat with Aemonds help.

The rest of the food is eaten in complete silence. There are gazes thrown across the table but none dare to speak on the matter again. They're afraid of another outburst from you.

It's then that Aemond sees something in your eyes he hasn't seen before. It's the type of anger that could destroy cities. It's a type of anger that would lead for a dragon to spit fire without even having to command it.

'Y/n?' Heleana speaks up after the long silence. You look up and the hatred and anger Aemond just saw evaporates like snow before the sun.

'Would you like to take a walk with me?' She asks.

'I would very much like that...' you give her a warm smile.

•••

'You are still quite taken with Aemond I see... like you've always been but now it's somehow more...'

'We spoke last night... after I was frightened... I told him about my suitors and he asked for my hand...'

Heleana let's put a high pitched yelp out of excitement. 'Finally...' she smiles and you can't help but give her a small smile.

'Heleana... I do not know if it was just to calm me or if-'

'If I know one thing about my dear brother, it is that he has always been serious when it comes to what he does for you and with you.. it is the sole reason for my placement of the roles in the game we used to play...'

You do know of Heleana's gift. You've always felt she was special, it is probably the reason Aemond knew where to go look for you that night. But to think she always made you husband and wife because it was always supposed to be that way? That comes as a surprise.

'Heleana, we were mere children..'

'And yet you never minded the roles.. neither of you..' she chuckles. 'I suppose so..' you hum.

'It seems to bother you.. why?' Heleana asks as she sits down at the fountain. She pats the spot next to her gently.

'I do not want pity, I do not want someone to ask for my hand because no other will do it...' you cross your arms and soothingly rub your arms. 'I've wanted Aemond to step up for so long and yet-'

'The timing is off...' she fills the sentence for you to which you nod. 'It feels forced.. I know he wouldn't but..'

'Trust is a fragile thing Y/n.. trust goes above love even... do you trust him?'

'I do... I always have..'

'Then trust him doing it for the right reasons. Trust that it is love as to why he hasn't spoken about it at dinner yet..'

'Thank you Heleana.. I don't know what it is but every time I speak to you I feel.. relieved of some sort...'

'We need to stick up for one another here.. we are different you and I... we are the special ones...' she takes your hand in hers.

You're both blissfully unaware of your mothers standing on the balcony. You do not even notice Aemond has joined them and all three have heard what you spoke about.

'Is this true Aemond?' Alicent turns to her son.

'Yes... I have always wanted to ask for her hand but never could because of her suitors... but I would like to officially ask for her hand, with the permission of both of you..'

'This feud between our families must end.. I believe this could be a proper way to do it... and you two have always seemed close to one another...' Alicent speaks to herself. 'I suppose I can give my permission for both me and your father...'

'As will I give my permission for me and Daemon...but it will be her decision..' Rhaenyra looks down below to her daughter.

You are still engaged in conversation with Heleana, it is probably the happiest she has ever seen you, besides with Aemond.

Even though she feels so much pain getting reminded of Criston Cole every look she casts your way, she knows also that part of you is still her. Half of you is still Targaryen and deserves to be treated as such.

She sees the love you hold for Aemond, perhaps your bond could be what holds the family together. Because the gods know it won't be Daemon and her and neither will it be Alicent and her father if given the chance.