Chapter Nineteen: Prepare

A/N: A picture to the right is a dress similar to Rose's. I love it!

Chapter Nineteen: Prepare

I told Lucy she looked gorgeous to every dress because I wanted to leave, I couldn't take being here with Mark. I didn't lie because Lucy was truly beautiful and besides she takes forever to find a dress.

After forty-five minutes, Lucy chose this beautiful pastel pink dress which a tight waist and flow-y material towards the legs.

After leaving the shop, it was utterly quite in the car. I just couldn't wait to go home, take a warm shower, and find Eric. The last option was a lost case considering that he would probably be roaming around the Castle or sleeping for the big day. But I really wanted to see him. The thought blew over and before I knew it, we were driving through the opening gates.

As we were about to leave, I turned around and told Lucy to go on ahead, that I will meet up with her in a few. I walked towards Mark who was locking the gates and the car.

His expression was somewhat scared of me. Oh boy should I be worried that an Entie is scared of a Princess with a pink dress?

"Thank you, for the drive, Mark." I nodded. His expression was turned into confusion.

"Wh-why are you here, thanking me after what I've said?" he asked. I gave him a soft grin, although I knew he didn't deserve it after all the mean things he's said.

"I'm not the kind of Princess to ignore someone important, I don't just walk away. My parents taught me as a child that no matter how troubled or wrong someone may be, they are still human, and they should be given respect, no matter how irrevocably wrong they are." I chuckled, as did he.

"You're very wise Princess, I wouldn't have done that. I guess you really are different. Thank you for teaching me a lesson. I assure you that it won't happen again, and I'm very sorry." I shook my head softly.

"It's not me you should apologize to, it's Eric." He swallowed then nodded.

"Of course. Goodnight Princess, I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, we both parted.

Saying these things to him made me realize one thing: I was growing. Obviously, not growing as in a year or two, but growing as in improving, valuing something more. It's beneficial for the future Queen. I never thought I could be so fierce and yet stay strong and respectful. It was a good feeling that almost brought me tears to my eyes.

He's taught me well.

I walked inside the Castle, and in the corner stood Lucy who handed her bag to one of the maids. She nodded and carried the bag, cautiously, up the stairs. Lucy nodded over at me as she noticed my bewildered expression.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

I continued my pace, leading her to follow me.

"Nothing. I was just speaking to Mark about the ride and his company." She nodded.

"I'll tell you one thing," her voice quieted, "that Entie is something. I mean despite the age difference and position, he's'"

I cut her immediately. "Lucy, didn't you get the message? He clearly does not want anything to do with two young girls. And no, his position is nothing to be ignored, he is what he is and you shouldn't let his looks fool you." I stammered. Honestly how wrong can she be?

Her walking pace slowed. "Well what about Eric?" she asked. I swallowed uneasily.

"What about him?" I asked. She looked at me, almost as if she was questioning my eyes; what was in my eyes.