Chapter 38

Cam POV March 19th Sunday

"Hey."

"Wassup."

"Can we go to subway?"

"Ight but after that I need a go to PetSmart."

"What for?"

"Mari wanted a bunny." I told jade as I pulled off from her house. I had gotten my other car delivered to me early in the morning around 8:00 it's now 1:00. It was a matte black range Rover.

"You finally getting her one." Jade said shaking her head laughing.

"Yeah she said it's the only way she could fully forgive me."

"What happened?" She asked.

"Just a stupid fight we had." I lied not wanting jade to know I married Riley.

"Oh. What was it about?"

"Damn mind yo business." I said rolling my eyes.

She smacked her lips. "Fuck you."

I stuck up my middle finger and continued driving with the radio on.
---
"Get out." I told jade watching as she chowed down on her sub.

"Can't you see im eating." She said with a mug.

"And I don't care get out." She smacked her lips and got out. I closed my door then locked my car.

"Can I get a pet too?" "Yeah sure. It's yo money." I said shrugging my shoulders.

----
Mari POV

"Stop calling my phone."

"Nah I'm good on that."

"Chase I need you to leave me alone. Fuck you keep calling for?!?! Ion want you." I said to my ex. I don't even know how he got my number but he been calling non stop.

"Ion care about allat I miss you baby. We could've been great right now. Have that family you always wanted." He reminisced making me sigh.

"I don't want it I'm already starting my family! I told you I would do this with or without that day you decided to walk out on me."

"And I regret that. I want us to start over I want us to be together remember how we were in highschool. We were the perfect couple y-" I didn't let him finish when I hung up on him.

I couldn't beat the reminder of us because I knew is till had love for him. He was my first everything, he was the perfect person for me. He met all my aspects in a significant other but then her broke up with me over a rumor.

Stupid right.

Hey I just wanted to let u know I gave chase yo number ~mel

Why would you do that? ~mari

He said he wanted to talk to u🤷🏾‍♀️ ~mel

Idgaf don't be handing out my number😑 ~mari

N yk damn well ion wanna talk to him either ~mari

My bad I just thought you'd wanna talk to him yk? I remember in hs how close y'all was ~mel

Okay but that was in the past don't bring up old shit. Lemme go give one of yo ex niggas ya number see how you like it tf. ~mari

I said my bad it ain't even that serious🙄 ~mel

Ykw fuck you Mel🖕🏾 don't hit my line no more unless you wanna apologize ~mari

I closed out off my messages and took a few deep breaths. I went on Twitter and started scrolling.

Hey Cameron with you? ~Ana

Mm mm she left earlier ~mari

Oh okay sorry for bothering you then ~Ana

It's alright ~mari

Wanna hangout? ~mari

Sure😁 I'll get ready ~Ana

I left her on read then got up and started putting my clothes on. I texted Mila letting her know that I was on the way to her.

------

"Hey." Ana said getting in the backseat. "Hi." Mila said turning towards Ana. I just nodded my head in acknowledgement. "So whatchall wanna do?" I asked.

"Let's go to the mall." Mila said and I looked back at Ana. "I don't mind." I nodded and started heading there.

"Sooooooo Mel texted me." Mila started out.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Lemme guess she told u I was being a bitch huh?" "Yeah and some other things. Why didn't you just talk to her."

"I did! Then she made it seem like no big deal when it was. Well atleast to me." I said.

"What happened?" Ana asked. I glanced at her in the rearview and started talking.

"Since earlier at like 10:00 my ex been calling me. He was the first everything first love, first kiss, and allat. We were together in highschool but then in our senior year he broke up with me over a rumor. Since he wouldn't stop calling I answered it he talked for a while until I hung up cause he was reminiscing on old shit."

"Oh so he one of them exes that likes to think about the past." Ana said.

"Yeah he one of them." Mila said.

" Anyways I get a text from my other bsf Mel saying she gave him my number. I'm like 'why would do that?!?' she said cause he said he wanted to talk to you. I'm like okay and what? Don't be handing out my number you wouldn't like it if I gave one of yo ex's yo number would you? No! So I told her to apologize she told me I was tripping and it's not that serious."

"That's not ya bsf you should drop her." Ana said sitting back and shaking her head.

"She probably just doesn't see the problem in it. Like okay this yo ex you know him/her them/they whatever their pronouns are. You know them so her giving them your number shouldn't be a big deal." Mila said trying to defend Mel.

"Yeah Amari may know them but that doesn't mean she wants them to have her number. Especially her personal number." Ana said.

"Thank you!! Cause she know if I gave one of her ex niggas her number she'll have a whole pissy fit blowing my phone up talm bout some 'you a fake ass bitch' da da da." I said using hand motions.

Damn I needa get my nails done for that snap effect these hoes to short. "Yeah no she fake drop her." "Nah I'ma still talk to her but she got one more time."

"Whatever you say." Ana said. "You like nails?" I asked her. "Hell yeah but I like mine short cause I don't understand girls who be having them long ass nails. Cause how do you wipe but? I'm good on allat I wanna be able to wipe without scratching myself." Ana said shuddering at the thought.

I laughed and so did Mila. "It's all about technique babygirl!!!" Mila semi-yelled out. "What she said." I said pointing over at Mila. Ana chuckled and shook her head.

I guess I like her, I could see myself being friends with Ana.

----

"We should probably head back." I told them as I looked at the time. 8:37 pm. "What time is it?" Mila asked. "Bout 9." I answered. "Alright let's go." We started walking to the car which was parked on the other side of the mall.

"I might just go back there." I said looking at how well the nail tech did my nails. "I know right! These hoes gleaming." Mila said flipping her hand back n forth.

Toot toot😗📣 chugga chugga chugga chugga toot toooooot🙃