chapter 19

Amari POV Jan 8th Las Vegas 10:00pm

"Ima go to the bathroom real quick." I said to the 3 I was with. I got a bunch of nods in return then left. I walked in the girls bathroom and handled my business. I walked out to wash my hands, I heard the bathroom door open but didn't bother to look up.

Suddenly a cloth was being placed on my face covering my mouth and nose. I immediately went into defense mode and started trying to move the person away from me. I clawed, scratched, pinched but that was only making me only more tired and dizzy until I passed out.
--------------
Omniscient

Alex was carrying a unconscious Amari along with CJ. After struggling to get her to the back entrance they finally put her in the SUV. Their destination was to see the boss all the way in LA. Meaning they had to do another 4 hours back but with CJ's driving they'll make it in 3.

"What do you think boss will do with her." Alex asked.

"I don't know."

"Damn. Your father's just ruthless huh."

"Eh you get used to it." CJ said heading to the I-515.

"Why does he do it tho? I mean that's his niece right." Alex said curiously.

"Niece? What do you mean." She said incredulously.

"You didn't get the text in the group chat? He said Amari was his niece." Alex said looking at CJ weirdly.

All CJ could do was scan her brain in search of a memory from a certain text she saw from her father.

Amari? My cousin? Couldn't be, My father would've told me. Unless. It seemed like everything clicked in CJ's head, Amari really was her cousin.

"Anyway he shouldn't treat his niece like that if their family." Alex said shrugging looking out the window as the world went by in a blur.

"It's because of her father. He was always the Golden child in my grandparents eyes. He did everything right, got good grades, went to college, became a doctor started a family. Meanwhile my dad always got the bad end of things." CJ replied swerving through cars on I-515.

"So it's jealousy."

"No us Lopez's don't get jealous."

"Whatever you say man."
--

"Damn what is taking that girl so long." Xavier asked.

"She prolly in there shitting." Jade replied with a loud chuckle.

"Blowing them people bathroom up." Cam said joining in, laughing at what she said.

"Ay chill on my girl nie." Xavier said trying to contain his laughter in.

"You ain't shit I see you over there trying not to laugh." Jade replied.

"Nah but fr she taking way too long I'ma go check on her real quick." Cam said getting up. Worry evident in her voice.

It took cam a good 10 minutes then she came back to the table.

"She's not in there."

"What do you mean? I saw her walk in." Xavier said fearing that what he's thinking isn't true.

"Exactly what I said she's not in there. I found her phone on the sink." Cam said grabbing her keys and wallet. She was trying to see the better side of things and not think the worst.

"Okay me and Jade will go to the hotel." Xavier said also getting up and grabbing a tipsy jade.

"Alright ill call you if I find her."

"Same here."

--
2:30 AM

Derek was sitting in a chair across from Amari looking at her. 'What a beautiful woman.' He thought as he stared at her.

Amari was tied up in a chair, still unconscious. Derek didn't plan on hurting her... Well not mentally. Whatever that meant. "Hey do you want us to go get the other one now?" "Text her to meet us at xxx and then we'll take her." Derek said getting up and walking out.

Derek was your average gang leader. He wasn't that known but he was known. He was rising up in the gang and Mafia world. He envied his dead brother, even in death his family still finds a way too use him as someone to look up to for Derek. He was happy when his brother finally died because that meant he would get recognized but that only made him more neglected.

Flashbacks

"Hey mom can I join the football team?" Derek asked his mom with a shy smile.

"No your brother is already on the team."
-
"Can I join the debate team?"

She let out a chilling laugh before saying, "you think you can debate? You can barely defend yourself. Look at your grades honey, you need to be like Mario more. He gets good grades and is great at everything."
-
"Mom look I got all A's and B's." Derek said with a proud smile. He never got an A before so he was excited about his mom's reaction. The regular grades he got was C's and B's.

She took his report card and sighed. "Derek what is this! You need to be more like Mario all he gets is A's straight A student. I'm taking away your phone this is atrocious." She said shaking her head in dissatisfaction.
-
"Hey dad can you help me catch this fish?" Derek asked struggling with the fishing rod.

"C'mon kiddo why can't you do it like your brother. Come on I'll show you. Again." He said slightly annoyed that his other son couldn't get it right.
-
"Hey mom hey dad I'm thinking about joining the army." Derek said to his parents.

"Why? Why cant to be a doctor like your brother?"

Derek breathed out a fustrated sigh. "Because I'm not him okay. I'm sorry that I'm such a fuckin disappointment to y'all. I try my hardest and my best but you only see the bad you don't see the good in me. I'm tired of trying to please you, I'm tired of being a disappointment. You wonder why I tried to kill myself it's because of you. All my life it's always been 'why can't you be like mario' 'be more like mario' mario this Mario that. I don't fucking care!!! I bring a girl around 'oh shes too much of a hoe, get a good girl like mario' FUCK MARIO! I fucking hate him. You know why I'm joining the army?!?!? So I can fucking die without hearing about Mario. When am I going to receive the love I need, and want, and deserve. I came out as bisexual that made you hate me even more. I bring my first boyfriend, my first love, my first everything around and you belittle him, you degrade me you make homophobic ass comments throughout the whole thing. If you hated me so much you could've put me up for adoption like you planned but instead you kept me and made my life a living hell I would've been better off." Derek said crying and choking back sobs as he looked at his parents.

"You done? Are you finished? You get everything out?" The mother asked him.

The father was flabbergasted that his son felt that way. Was he really that horrible of a father to his own son? "I- why didn't you say anything?" He asked.

Derek scoffed, "you should've seen the signs h-"

"Derek." Mario said looking at his brother.

"Oh goody heres your precious Mario. Look he even brought his fiance I'm gone I can't handle being in a family that doesn't love me or appreciate me." Derek said walking out the living room passed his brother.

Mario tried to stop him but he pushed him off and continued walking.
-
Derek shook the memorys of his parents out his brain. Getting back on task to bagging the drugs up.