Chapter 6

Dec 11 Amari POV 12:00 PM

"¿Sigues con ese chico?"(are you still with that boy?)My mom asked me, I was currently on the phone with her cooking me something to eat. "no mamá nos separamos." (no mom we broke up.) "bien porque no deberías estar cuidando a un hombre adulto." (good because you shouldn't be taking care of a grown man.)

"lo sé pero conocí a alguien más." ( i know but i did meet someone else.)I said with a soft smile on my face. "oh realmente niño o niña? Cómo conociste a?" (oh really boy or girl? how did you meet.) she asked with both her eyebrows raised.

"Las chicas. estaban trabajando juntos en un álbum." (were working together on a album.)
"Tráela a la casa y me tengo que ir te hablo pronto te amo." (Bring her by the house and i have to go i'll talk to you soon love you.) "yo también te amo." (I love you too.)

I was putting the sauce in the pot when arms were wrapped around my waist. "Who was that?" She asked. "First move ya arms second nun ya business." "Oh so that's how it is? Lemme go text Lexi." She said going to her phone.

"Text her. And ask if we could go on a double date I got somebody." I said with a smirk looking at her with my arms crossed. I saw her eye twitch and face turn a lil red. "I mean good for you I guess." I decided to keep going.

"I know right he's so fine. He even has a v line and don't get me started on what's downstairs." "You can stop now." She said balling her first up. "I think he may be bigger and better than you too." I said putting on a playful thinking face.

"Amari." I think she mad? Yea she mad. "Hm." "I know for a fact that he is not and if you wanna test that we can go again right now." I ain't tryna go through that again. "Relax that was my mom and there is no he."

"Mhm that's what I thought and Lexi coming over later." I dropped the smile off my face real quick. "Lexi who?"
-----------------
Cameron POV

"Heyy." I said giving Lexi a hug. Lexi has been my friend since I was little. "Hey whatcha been up too?" "Nothing much what about you." "Keeping ma alive." "I told you I could always let you borrow some money from me." "Nah I don't want your money I got a job that pays really good."

"Alright we'll just let me know if you need something." I said with a small frown. "Mhm. Who's that." She said pointing at Mari on the sofa watching TV. "Oh that's Amari you know the singer." "Oh." She said like she'd known. We walked over to the sofa and sat down.

"Hello I'm Lexi." Lexi said holding her hand out too shake. "Amari." She said with a small nod. "Okayyy then..." "So whatcha watching." I said trying to lessen the tense room. "I'm boutta go I'll text you later." She said getting up and grabbing her keys. "Why you leaving?" I asked as she walked to the door.

All I got in response was the door closing. I wonder who shitted on her happy meal. "Soooo?" I dragged out. "Let's go somewhere." "Where?" "I don't know." She said with a shurg. "Okay let's go to the old race track and race." "Bett I got a hundred on me." I just chuckled and went to grab my keys.
-------------------
Omniscient 5:00

Amari was hanging out with her friends trying to forget what happened earlier in the day. She doesn't know what it is about Cameron that has her acting the way she acts. She'd never do this with anyone before but then again all she dated was boys who only proved to be worthless in the long run.
---
Cameron was with Lexi at the old race track doing what you do there which is race. Lexi was in her BMW and Cameron was in her most favorite car. Her matte black Chevy Camaro ZL1 with red neon headlights.

They were racing head to head, side by side sometimes bumping each other to win. Cameron was caught off guard when suddenly a car was speeding towards her looking like it wasn't going to stop. You could barley see it but Cameron saw it and her instincts took over.