Chapter 22

January 15th Thursday Omniscient (dk y I keep doing time skips🤦🏾‍♀️)

The media was going crazy because Cameron and Amari haven't been showing up to their scheduled concerts. Wondering where they disappeared to.

Lucas has been having dreams about him and his sister's doing something. But everytime he would get close to discovering it he would wake up. All he knows is it's something involving their arm.

Lucas wasn't sure if he should tell Jade because it could be nothing.

Derek was enjoying his time with Cameron, no longer hearing Amari's pleading cries. Amari was on her way to her house. She was blindfolded while one of Derek's people drove her, she was trying her best to remember the way the car turned.

Cameron was getting hit with a baseball bat. It's been going on since the early morning at 9 now it's 5, she was sure she had a couple of broken ribs. Her body would tense up everytime she got hit and pull on the chains more.

Cameron could get out but she would have to make a plan. Derek wasn't that smart because he doesn't know the 1st rule about kidnapping somebody.

1. Always tie their hands and feet together. Or chain them.

Cameron's legs weren't tied so she had an advantage, she would just have to be careful. No matter how much pain it would physically bring her. This was different from the books she would read but then again it was fiction.

There was no nurse to help her.

She barely ate, only fed once every other day.

The whip lashes unbearable that it would make you screech.

The marks fresh on her body, with the cold chilling air blowing against it making it sting and burn. The big blue and purple bruises prominent on her.

"Hey lex we need your help." Jordan -the dad- said said welcoming Lexi in. "What for?" "We need help finding Cameron she went missing." Lexi nodded and they went to work looking through locations and other stuff.

There was a sudden knock on the door and everyone stopped what they were doing. Mel walked to the door and opened it, gasping at the sight Infront of her. She looked up just in time to see a car speeding off.

There laid Amari, unconscious with blood on her. Mel grabbed mari by her arm and dragged her inside. Everyone peeked out to see what Mel was dragging but when it became more noticeable Emily -Amari's mom- gasped in horror with her hand covering her mouth.

Alyssa started to shed tears with both hands covering her mouth. Jace quickly got up and went to help Mel, He picked Amari up and went upstairs to her room. Alyssa and Emily right behind him along with Jamila.

Jordan went to the door and he found a small box, he picked it up and put it on the glass table in the living room. "W- what's that?" Riley stuttered out. "I don't know."

Riley was there because jade thought she would've known where cam was. Jade also believed that Riley was carrying Cameron's child, so she's been looking out for her. Even tho Jade doesn't like Riley because of what she did she can't help but think that it's Cameron's baby.

Jace, Alyssa, and Jamila came back down and sat on the couch. "What's that?" Mila asked. "We don't know we're about to open it." Xavier replied.

They opened the box and inside was a CD and a note. The note read:

'We have Cameron if you want her back we need to have an exchange. Emily for Cameron you'll get her back if you just give me Emily. You have 1 week to decide I'll write back exactly then. If you haven't decided in one week then I'll just keep sending videos that get worser.'

Lay read out loud. "Why would they want my mom?" "I don't know the person probably knows her somehow." "What about the tape?" "Let me go get the CD player." Melanie said going to the closet.

When she found it she hooked it up too the TV, At first the screen was pitch black but then it started. Everything in the room went quiet you could hear the soft pattering of the rain that began to start.

The video was 10 minutes long, everyone watching with wide eyes as they watched Cameron get beat and Amari's pleading for them to stop. Everybody's head snapped to the stairs as they heard a thud. They all quickly rushed upstairs to find Emily on the floor and Amari hunched over throwing up.

"mamá estas bien." (Ma are you okay.) Alyssa says going to help her mother off the floor. "sí, me acabo de caer, eso es todo." (yeah i just fell that's all) the mom said not wanting to say Amari pushed her. Jamila was holding mari's hair back while she finished throwing up.

When Amari finished she laid back down with the blanket over her head and everyone just stared at her. "I'll go get you a water bottle."