chapter 3

Amari POV Nov 25 1:40

When RJ was done grabbing his things we walked out behind him and to the parking lot. "Hey wanna hang out." Cameron asked me. I froze in my tracks and turned to look at her. That's very unlike her but then again I don't really know her. "Why?"

She shrugs and says "Just wanna get to know you." I'm literally the most boring and unfunny person on earth. "Sure I guess." "Great let's go." She says walking away  pulling my hand towards the direction of her car. "Where are we going." "Somewhere, just sit back and continue to look cute." She said getting in the car.

I raise my eyebrow at her "you think I'm cute." "No. I think your beautiful." She says with a small smirk. "Your not bad yourself, but seriously where are we going." "Whatchu want to eat?" She said totally ignoring my question.  "Mmcht. Chick-fil-A." I huffed and said with an attitude. Is it really that hard to tell me where we going?

For all I know I could be getting kidnapped lord knows what this girl does in her free time. She cuts on the car and the radio then starts pulling out the parking space driving towards the nearest Chick-fil-A. I take a look at her and study her posture.

The way her eyes are focused on the road but not completely. How she only handles the wheel with one hand the other in her lap. How her lips are slightly parted inhaling through her nose, exhaling through her mouth. How she was so relaxed and- "Take a picture it would last longer."

I roll my eyes "Nah I think I'm good." "You sure cause you was staring mad hard." You just cute that's all. "Mm well I thought I seen sumn on your face." "Yea ight sure." She said with a smirk. "Ion know whatchu-" I was saying but got cut off by my phone ringing.

I saw it was my sister and picked up.
"Heyyy girl where you at?"
"With a friend why? wassup."
"I thought we was gon get our hair and nails done n shi." Did I say that?
"We'll just do it Saturday"
"Okay well I'm staying at the USC hotel." She said with a slight attitude but I chose to ignore that. "Okay bye love you." "Love you too." She said and hung up.

"Who was that?" Cameron asked when I put my phone back down. "My sister." "Oh well what do you want?" I looked around and noticed that we were pulling up to Chick-fil-A line. "Spicy chicken sandwich meal with no pickles." "Ight" she said and got out.

-----------
3:00

We were sitting on a hill top overlooking the city while getting to know each other. "So you telling me that if somebody was to cheat on you, you would cheat on them back." Cameron asked me with amusement laced in her voice.

"Yes! But only if I really love the person Because if you claim to love me why would you cheat on me? does that make any sense. So by you cheating on me I'm going to cheat on you cause I know you wouldn't want me with anybody else but you." Ion know bout her but It makes sense to me.

"Wouldn't that make you a cheater tho" "No because they cheated first." "And you cheated to." She said. I just huffed and rolled my eyes not bothering to say anything back. "What's your favorite animal or animals?" Cameron asked me. "A penguin, bunny and panda. What about you?"

"I don't know." She said looking deep in thought. "Oh." "Yea. D-" she was starting too say before my phone went off. I looked at it and it was an unknown caller so I declined it. "What were you saying?" She opened her mouth to speak but was again cut of by my phone.

I decided to just answer it.
"Hello?"
"......"
"Mm bye" I was about to hang up before I heard his voice.
"Amari where are you." He asked. I just rolled my eyes at him.
"Out."

"Where is out." He said making the frustration in his voice apparent.
"James you cannot control me I do whatever I want I go wherever I want."
"No you do not and why is there a paper on the door that says for sale?"

I get up from my position and walk away from Cameron. "The lease is up which means I'm done living there and I'm done with you. You putting your hands on me is unforgivable and Ive had enough of taking care of a grown ass man."
"YOU CANT JUST DO THIS AMARI WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO GO!?!?!" He yelled into the phone.
"First I don't know who you yelling at but you need to tone that shit down. Second I don't give a fuck where you go just don't bother me. Third yo phone boutta be turned off."

"Amari if you do this you gon regret it."
"Is that supposed to scare me." I asked.
"Amari."
"James." I said in a cold voice.
"Whatever nigga or bitch you fucking on y'all Betta watch y'all backs." With that he hung up making me roll my eyes.

What he gon do? Not a damn thing and I ain't worried bout him either. He making threats like he got money he really nothing without me. I made my way back over to Cameron "Can you drop me off at my house?" I asked because I'm ready to just lay in my bed and take a nap.

"Yea sure." We got to the car and we got in. I gave her my address and she started going there. The car was completely silent until we got to my house. "Thank you." I say looking at her with a small smile. "You welcome. See you tomorrow." I just nod and hum at that getting out the car.

I get to my door and unlock it and go inside but before I do I look towards Cameron and wave goodbye then close the door and lock it. I make my way upstairs too my room, change my clothes and take a nap I'll just take a shower when I wake up.

------------

A/N Describing someone is hard...
I feel like I write better in Cameron POV but oh well🤷🏾‍♀️