chapter 31

Mari POV Feb 13th Monday

I woke up sore as hell. My neck is sore too, she was choking the shit outta me yesterday. My throat is scratchy.

Cam was laying between my boobs snoring and drooling on me. Her arm was lazily wrapped around my waist. I was supposed to be cutting off her dreads today. My phone started ringing cutting off my train of thought.

I looked at it and I saw there was missed calls al the way from yesterday. What really got me was my mom's missed called 68 missed calls from mom~. I immediately called her back and she answered.

"H-hello" I stuttered out knowing what's about to happen.

"Amari Hazel Espinoza porque no contestabas mis llamadas?? ¿que estabas haciendo? ¡¿Sabes cuántas veces he intentado llamarte?!?!?! llegar aquí ahora!" She said then ended the call.

(Amari Hazel Espinoza why weren't you answering my calls?? what were you doing? do you know how many times have i tried calling you!?!?!?! get here Now!)

I looked at my other missed calls.

28 missed calls from Mel

45 missed calls from Mila

2 missed calls from Xavier

20 missed calls from auntie

30 missed calls from TJ (Lyssa dad)

And the list went on and on. I put my phone back down and tried rolling cam off me. She only held me tighter I sighed and put a lil more strength in my attempts.

"Stop." She murmured snuggling closer to me. " Baby I gotta go to my mom's house." I said softly in a hoarse voice. "Can I come?" "Sure but you gotta let me get up first." She nodded and loosened her arm from around my waist and got up.

Cam went to the bathroom and I followed in behind her. I turned on the shower but only used the hot knob. Cameron turned the cold knob on but I turned it off. She turned it back on looking at me and I turned it back off glaring at her.

"Leave it alone." Cam said going back to turning the cold knob. "No I like my showers hot." I said turning it off. "Hot?!? That's not hot that's boiling water." She said turning it back on. I blew out a breath of frustration and turned it back off.

She turned it back on. "stop." I whined. "Just leave it alone. I'll give you another foot massage." I instantly nodded and left it alone. Cam chuckled and shook her head. I rolled my eyes and went to brush my teeth.

I dont know why people don't brush their teeth before showering. Cam does it after she finishes showering which is weird to me. She put all these damn hickeys on me. After I finished brushing my teeth I got in the shower behind cam.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed the scars that was on her back. I still feel like it's my fault but I don't let it get to me too much because cam be quick to shut it down.

Cam turned around and wrapped her arms around my waist. "You still cutting my hair today right?" "Yeah if you still want me too." She nodded and her hand went down to my but. "Mm mm no." I said shaking my head.

She nodded and removed her hand. We switched places and I grabbed my rag and put soap on it. She grabbed hers and did the same and we started washing our bodies.
------------
I pulled up to my mom's house and took the key out the ignition. I saw Mila's, my tía's, and my tío's car parked in the driveway. I blew out the breath I was holding. "You staying in the car?" I asked turning to cam. "Nah." I nodded and we got out.

I went up to the door and unlocked it with my key. I walked in and the house was empty and it looked a mess. Everything was on the floor the TV was gone, the vases, my papi's awards, my medals from highschool, mom's medals and awards, just everything valuable was gone.