THE MAGICIAN'S ISLAND

En başından başla

I shook my head as I skim over the pages, "Not exactly. I doubt you will know." Putting the book down and looking into his dark amber eyes, I sigh, "Have you eaten ?"

Nathaniel looked away before standing up, "It's alright. I'm not that thirsty and I have enhanced self-control might I remind you."

I stood up and walked to him, "Nathaniel. I know. But take care of yourself, please." Our attention was diverted when we heard the crew laughing and cheering on. "What's happening?"

Nathaniel, clearly with his enhanced hearing, was able to decipher quickly and he chuckle, "It seems your cousin got himself in a duel with Reepicheep."

My eyes widened, "What? Nathaniel, Eustace doesn't know how to fight!" I headed for the door and rushed towards the deck of the ship.

"Bella, Reepicheep wouldn't really harm Eustace. Besides, isn't he extremely rude to you. I doubt he would want your assistance."

"He's still family, Nathaniel!" As I opened the doors and walked out the deck, I noticed Reepicheep was instructing Eustace as he pivoted on his feet as if he were dancing. 

"See, nothing harmful. Just a playful duel."

"Come on now, again and again. That's right, that's right. Oh no!" Reepicheep fell off the edge of the ship, Eustace rushing to look overboard if he catches sight of the mouse. Unbeknownst to him, Reepicheep crept behind him, taping him on the shoulder with his tail,

"And that is that." Repicheep declared as he pushed Eustace forward, knocking over a basket.

"There's someone in there" Nathaniel whisper as we both heard a scream escalating immediately after the basket fell.

"Look." Lucy pointed towards the basket, where a familiar little girl crawled out. 

"Gael?" Both Rhince and I called out for her, "What are you doing here?" Rhince asked as he looked at his daughter before opening his arms and Gael rushed to his side.  

Everyone turned to look at the Captain as Drinian made his way towards the father and daughter. 

"Looks like we have an extra crew member." Drinian smiled at Gael before handing her an orange. Timidly, Gael took the orange and gave him a small smile.

"Welcome aboard," Lucy greeted the young girl.

"Your Majesty," Gael curtsy to which Lucy smiles at.

"Call me Lucy."

Gale giggle as she turns to look at me and quickly runs to my side as she gives me a hug and looks up at me, "She's just like you."

Lucy brows furrow turns to look at me questionably, "I told her to call me Bella." I quickly explained to which she only nodded her head and did a little 'ah' of realization.

"Gael, why don't you go with Lucy. I'm sure you two will have a lot of fun. Lu?"

Lucy extended her hand to Gael, to which she took and gave me a little wave before the two walked off.

"Come on. Look lively. Back to work." Drinian commanded as the crew returned to their duties.

____________

"Bella, do you feel that?" Nathaniel asked, all of a sudden. Putting the book once more, I stood still and tried to decipher what he meant.

"No I-" However, that's when I saw a small glimpse of the green mist. I signaled Nathaniel and pointed towards it. Nathaniel lifted his hand and was about to extinguished it when I took a hold of his wrist and shook my head as I pointed towards Lucy, Eustace and Gael.