He Dead, Right? - Book Four

Chapter Thirty

——Y/n's POV——

*Levin had just told Leona that Eddie supposed to be dead*

"Levin! And didn't Grandma Claudia say that he dead too" Leona told Levin as she pointed at Billy.

"Billy, Eddie, Steve, come sit with me" I told them as I sat down.

*The three of them sat down with you. Steve sat next to you, with Billy and Eddie on the other side of you*

"My sugar-peas, you see, Billy and Eddie did die. But they're back" I told Levin and Leona.

"Why didn't Uncle Aaron come back too?" Levin asked me.

*As you heard Aaron's name you broke down crying quietly. Levin and Leona ran over to you and hugged each of your arms*

"Um you see... Uncle Aaron can't come back..." I told them as I continued to cry.

*Steve turned to you and wiped your tears with his thumb. Then Leona asked you something*

"Mommy, can me and Lev' go play?" Leona asked me happily.

"Sure my sugar-peas, and be careful on the stairs" I told them as they walked off.

*Levin and Leona left the attic and head back to their room. You fell into Steve's arms and sobbed into his chest*

"Shhh, shhh, darling it's okay..." Steve whispered to me as he ran his hands up and down my back.

*You could feel Billy and Eddie giving Steve the death stare*

"Te amo Steve..." I whispered to Steve.

"'Te amo'? What does that mean?" Steve asked me.

"I'll tell you later" I told Steve as I wrapped my arms around him.

*You slowly started to fall asleep in Steve's arms, and he noticed*

"Let's get you to bed, you clearly need a nap" Steve said to me.

"No no no, I'm fine. Plus, if I take a nap who will watch the twins?" I asked Steve.

"I can call up Nancy and Johnathan to watch them for a few hours, and that's if you want me of course" Steve said to me.

"Can you see if Wayne is free first, and ask if they can stay overnight with him" I asked Steve.

*Steve nodded and both headed back downstairs. Steve picked up your home phone and called Wayne*

——Steve's POV——

*Steve called Wayne and he picked up*

"Hey Mr. Munson, it's Steve. Y/n is wondering if you could take the twins for the night. Would you be able to?" I asked Mr. Munson over the phone.

"I'd love to, and can you put Y/n on. I need to talk with her" Mr. Munson told me.

"Yeah no problem, I'll go get her" I told Mr. Munson.

"Y/n! Mr. Munson wants to talk with you!" I yelled out to Y/n.

"I'm coming!" Y/n yelled back to me.

——Y/n's POV——

*You came over to Steve and took the phone from him. Steve stepped away so he was out of earshot, but he was still in the room with you*

"Hey Wayne, what did you want to talk about?" I asked him.

"You promised me that Levin and Leona would know Eddie as their dad. But then when I give them Eddie's necklaces they had no idea that he's their dad. I'll still take them tonight, but I will show them who their dad is" Wayne told me.

"I know I shouldn't have hidden that from them, but this town looks down on them for being his kids. I didn't want them to know why we get dirty looks in public, or why there's always people whispering about us whenever we go out. I know when they start school they will have to deal with it, but I wanted to give them some normal years before that. I'm so sorry Wayne..." I told Wayne as I held back tears.

"Listen kid, I'm sorry that this town looks down you, me, Levin, and Leona. I'll take the twins for tonight and teach them about their dad. When do you want me to come pick them up?" Wayne asked me.

"They'll be ready to leave in roughly thirty minutes, so any time after should be good" I told Wayne.

"Okay then, see you later" Wayne said as he hung up the phone.

*You and Steve headed into the twins' room*

"Sugar-peas, tonight you're going to be with Grandpa Wayne. Are you guys ready to get your overnight bags together?" I asked the twins.

*They both nodded and grabbed their backpacks. You and Steve got a pair of pj's and a day outfit together for each of them. Steve first tried to get something for Leona, but it looked terrible and you quickly said no. After the twins were ready to go you brought them out onto the couch and sat them down for a quick chat*

"Look my sugar-peas, you can't tell Grandpa Wayne that Billy and Eddie are staying with us. You can't tell anyone" I told them in a low tone.

"Don't worry Mommy! We won't tell!" Levin told me happily.

*You heard a knock at the door and answer it, it was Wayne. You must have lost track of time*

"Are they ready to get going?" Wayne asked me.

"Yep, they're ready to leave when you are" I told Wayne.

*Levin and Leona ran up to Wayne and hugged him*

"Grandpa Wayne! Can we go now?" Leona asked Wayne.

"Yes little princess" Wayne told Leona as he walked out to his truck with Levin and Leona.

"Bye my sugar-peas!" I yelled out as I waved goodbye.

*The twins and Wayne drove off. You turned to Steve with a worried look on your face*

"Y/n, are you okay?" Steve asked me.

"Leona, she's just like me when I was her age. What if he-" I was saying to Steve before Billy cut me off.