Maybe - Book Two

Chapter Fifteen

——Y/n's POV—

*Now at Lover's Lake you sat down on the edge of the water and waited for Max to show up, but instead of Max it was Jason*

"Hey Y/n, thanks for coming" Jason said as he sat down next to me.

I've stopped hating Jason after I explained to him that he can't just hit on random girls. We've become friends in a way. Are we best friends? No, but we're friends if I had to label our relationship. But we've never dated or had feelings for each other, and he's like a cousin to me.

"Why'd you ask me to meet you here?" I asked Jason.

"I wanted to tell you something actually" Jason said to me.

"Oh- tell me more" I said to Jason curiously.

"As much as I hate you dating Eddie you deserve to know this. Last night him and Chrissy spent the night alone at his place. I'm not saying they did anything but you deserve to know" Jason told me.

"Jason, I'm not with Eddie anymore. I broke up with him today..." I said.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Jason asked.

"Jason... Eddie chose Chrissy over me. His own damn girlfriend!" I yelled out.

"That prick! But what do you mean he chose Chrissy over you?" Jason asked me.

"Gareth asked Eddie to chose between me and Chrissy, and Eddie chose Chrissy..." I told Jason.

"Y/n I'm sorry that happened to you. I know that you love Eddie but you deserve so much better after that" Jason said to me.

"Loved Eddie, I can't love him after that shit he said" I told Jason.

"You should come hang out with me and other basketball guys after the game tonight. Maybe you can make some friends away from Hellfire, and then we could even hang out more" Jason said to me.

"Sure I'll go. BUT I'm not gonna hook up with any one of your sleazy idiot friends" I told Jason.

"That's fine with me, but my friends are not sleazy idiots!" Jason yelled at me in a joking way.

"Yes they are!! Don't you remember at Billy's party when Andy tried to flirt with a door. Only a sleazy idiot flirts with a door" I said back to him jokingly.

"In his defence it was a really pretty door. It had a shiny sliver knob and beautiful hardware-" Jason said before I cut him off.

"Did you just call a door beautiful?!" I asked him as I started to laugh hard.

"If someone had put a picture of Chrissy's face on that door, I might've been the one flirting with it" Jason said as he laughed with me.

*You and Jason kept talking for hours, then it started to get dark*

"Do you need a ride to the game tonight?" Jason asked me.

"Yeah I do. But I have to head home and get changed before the game" I told him.

"I can drop you off if you want, and if you don't take too long I can even drive you to the game if you want" Jason offered me.

"I won't be long, and if you don't mind that would be great" I told Jason.

"Alrighty then, let's go" Jason said as he got up.

*You and Jason got into his car and drove to your house. Jason waited in the car as you went inside to change*

I walked over to my closet and changed into a black t-shirt and red flannel. I looked over at my dresser and saw the necklace that Aaron gave me before he died. I thought about it for a second and decided to wear the necklace. I put on the necklace and walked back to the car.

"That's a nice necklace, where'd you get it?" Jason asked me.

"I'm not sure, it was a gift I got a few years back" I told Jason.

"Anyways, tonight do you want to make Eddie jealous?" he asked me.

"Jason... I know that you hate Eddie, but I won't go out of my way to make him mad..." I told him.

"Fine, but do I at least get to punch him?" Jason asked me while laughing.

"No no no! No hitting Eddie! Just because he said some dumb shit doesn't mean that you get to hit him" I told Jason.

"Fine, I won't hit Eddie" Jason said as he continued to drive.

*You and Jason talked for the rest of the drive, and then you two finally arrived at the school*