Keep on Loving You - Book Two

Chapter Seventeen

——Y/n's POV—

*You had just found out that Steve loves you*

"Yeah, maybe don't assume that he doesn't love you just because Eddie sucks" Max told me.

*Lucas stepped out onto the court and started to play*

"Wait is Lucas playing tonight?!" I asked Max.

"I mean if he's on the court he probably is" Max told me as she slipped her headphones back on.

*The game finished up and everyone celebrated Lucas for the winning shot. You said goodbye to Max and left the school with Jason and his basketball friends. While in the car with them all, you sat in front with Jason and Lucas while the rest of them sat in the back. You arrive at their hangout play and hangout with Lucas for most of the party*

"Hey Lucas, can I ask you something about guys?" I asked Lucas.

"Um sure I guess, but I might not be that much help" Lucas told me.

"Let's say that you had a girlfriend, you and her have been dating for a few weeks and you had even told her that you loved her. But then one day during lunch your friend asked you to chose between your girlfriend and a different girl. And when you chose the different girl, would you be mad that your girlfriend broke up with you and skipped hanging out with you later that night?" I asked Lucas.

"Y/n, I know that's what happened with you and Eddie. We all know after Jason told us. But no if that was me as the boyfriend, I wouldn't be mad at my girlfriend for that. I would probably only be mad at myself for saying something that shitty" Lucas told me.

*Andy walked up to you and Lucas, he was clearly drunk*

"Heyyy ~Y/n~, are you looking to date a real man" Andy asked me while slurring his words.

(Pretend that Andy said "~Y/n~" the same way that Ram and Curt say "~Ronica~" at the start of Blue (from Heathers the Musical))

"No. Fuck off." I told Andy as I flipped him off.

"Oh come on Y/n, don't be like that, and it's not like you're with that freak anymore anyways" Andy said to me as he stepped closer to me, making me touch the wall behind me.

*Just as you were about to punch Andy, Jason did. Jason managed to land a clean blow to the back of Andy's head, and in the process accidentally knocked him out*

"Jason! See what I mean! I was right about your friends!" I told Jason.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Jason asked me.

"I just call my aunt. I don't trust you to drive after seeing the amount that you and your friends have drank tonight" I told Jason I as walked over to the phone.

"All right that's fair, but at least let me or Lucas wait with you while your aunt drives over" Jason said to me.

*You nodded and called the house phone. Dustin answered and told you that Aunt Claudia was at work and that Steve could pick you up. You reluctantly excepted and went outside with Jason to wait for Steve*

"So Y/n, are you and Eddie still a thing?" Jason asked me.

"Emotionally no, but technically yes. I never actually broke up with him in the technical sense" I told Jason.

*Steve pulled up and you got into his car and drove off*

"Steve, we need to talk..." I told Steve.