First Day - Book One

Chapter One

(There is a slight bit of smut in this chapter)

——Y/N's POV——

"Dear new diary, it's December 1985 and my first day at Hawkins High! What about me should you know? Well, my life isn't an easy one some would say, I only moved to Hawkins to live with my cousin Dustin after my parents died in a car crash last June. Luckily, me and Dusty are super close knit! But unlucky me, I failed my senior year and have to repeat it. Having Dustin around makes everything feel a bit lighter, but being an orphan at 18 isn't easy..." I wrote down in my diary before going back to sleep for five more minutes.

"Y/n wake up! It's time to start your day!" my Aunt Claudia Henderson said cheerfully while she drew the curtains open.

The fresh morning sunlight hit my face, and then the smell of Dusty's terrible cooking flooded my nose.

"MOMMMM, I think I burnt breakfast!" Dustin shouted over the blaring smoke alarm.

"I TOLD YOU NOT COOK DUSTYBUN" Auntie Claudia yelled back while she rushed out of my room and into the kitchen.

I sat up, rubbed my eyes as I walked over to my closet to pick out my outfit for the day. I grabbed out a black skirt, a Kiss concert t-shirt and my favourite pair of fishnet tights.

After I fought with my fishnets for what felt like forever, I gave up on them and decided to wear a pair of dark red, knee high, socks. I also threw on my favourite black combat boots, they were the last gift my mom and dad gave me before the passed. Then I tried to do something with my hair, but after a minute of fiddling with it I decided to just leave it in its natural afro state. I have always loved my hair, my mom used to say that our hair was a gift from our ancestors. I miss my parents every day, but I'm glad I have the best memories with them. My dad is Dustin's uncle and used to be a doctor. He used to teach me how to treat simple wounds like cuts and scrapes among other things along those lines. My mom on the other hand was the exact opposite of him. She was the prettiest Afro-Latina model ever! I loved when she'd let me wear her dresses and makeup. I miss them both so much, and sometimes I can't help wonder if there's a way for them to come back. But that's probably just another one of my silly day dreams.

When I was finally ready for the day I walked out to the kitchen and sat down at the table.

"Are you ready for your first day Y/n?" Aunt Claudia asked me.

"Auntie you don't need to worry about me-" I was saying until Dustin cut me off.

"Mom, I promise stay with Y/n for the whole day. I'll introduce her to all my friends at Hellfire, and if she passes out I promise to call you. Okay mom" Dustin said to Aunt Claudia.

"Ok well, I suppose that works, but Y/n please don't get into to much trouble on your first day" Aunt Claudia said while giving me a warm smile.

"I won't, I promise you that auntie" I said while smiling back at her.

*a car started honking aggressively outside, possibly an attempt to get someone's attention*

"Y/N, we gotta go! That's our ride to school outside. Grab your bag and follow me!" Dustin said while viably shaking with excitement.

*Now outside you see a guy around your age in the drive's seat. He looked to be about 19. His soft brown eyes locked at your thighs but you didn't notice.*

"So this is the car with the loud ass horn" I thought to myself.

"Heyyy Henderson, how are you man? And who's this girl? Don't tell me she's-" the guy in the car said before getting cut off by Dustin.