Baby Shower - Book Three

Chapter Twenty

*Seven months later, it's now February 1987 in Hawkins, and you are now 20 years old (just turned in that month)*

——Y/n's POV——

"Dear diary, these last seven months have been something else. Also once my babies are born I'm going to switch over to my journal. I want to have a different book for this part of my life. I want to use my new book to not only keep track of my kids achievements, but also my personal life. Anyways! What's new? Well let me start from the beginning. About four months ago I found out that I'm having twins! One boy and one girl! When the doctor told me I thought that I wouldn't be able to parent twins on my own, but after Aunt Claudia gave me some advice I'm convinced that I'll be the best mom the kids could have! I feel bad that these kids won't ever meet their father, but at least they'll know his uncle. I've been talking with Wayne and he wants to take on grandparent roll with the kids. They've both been my biggest supporters threw out my pregnancy. Also, today Wayne and Aunt Claudia are throwing me a small baby shower. But knowing my aunt it probably won't be that small of a shower, hopefully Wayne made sure that she didn't go too crazy with it. Anyways, I have to go get ready for the shower, bye for now" I wrote down in my diary.

I walked over to my closet and put on my only dress that still fits. Most of my clothes don't fit anymore, I mean I am almost eight months pregnant so it's not surprising that barely anything fits me anymore. But the dress is nice, it's a simple, knee length, mint green, party dress.

*You walked into the living room and saw Wayne and Dustin standing there waiting for you*

"Hey Y/n, are you ready to head out back?" Dustin asked me.

"Yes, and thank you for putting this together. You guys didn't have to do this" I told them both.

"Nonsense kid, babies are always something to celebrate" Wayne told me.

*You hugged them both. Dustin helped you down the back stairs and led you to where they had set up the shower. To your surprise, Aunt Claudia kept it small like she said she would*

"Awww, thank you guys so much. I'm glad that these kids will have the best aunts, uncles, and grandparents. Thank you so much for putting this together auntie and Wayne" I said to them.

"I think that I'll be the best uncle the kids have" a familiar male voice said from behind me.

I turned around and saw Steve! I didn't think that Steve even knew that I was pregnant, or that he'd show up!

"Steve!" I said to him as I ran up and hugged him.

"Hey hey Y/n, it's good to see you to" Steve said as he hugged me back.

"I wasn't expecting to see you, heck I didn't even know you were still in town. I thought you had moved" I told Steve happily as I pulled out of the hug.

"I was off visiting family for the past few months, but when Dustin called to tell me about the shower I knew that I couldn't miss it" Steve told me happily.

"Well anyways, thanks for coming" I told Steve as I walked away and sat down next to Nancy and Mike.

*When you sat down next to Nancy you felt a liquid run down your leg*

"Nancy I think my water broke..." I whispered to Nancy.

"Do you want me to tell your aunt?" Nancy asked me while still whispering.

"Yes please" I whispered back to her.

*Nancy goes and told Aunt Claudia that your water broke, and then within a minute Wayne had already called an ambulance and Aunt Claudia was practically glued to your side. After ten minutes of waiting the ambulance arrived, you and Aunt Claudia got in while Wayne and Dustin got into Wayne's car and drove to the hospital*

Then after 18 hours of painful labour I finally delivered my babies. Both of them were heathy and safely arrived into this world. Wayne and Aunt Claudia stepped out to go do something and left me with Dustin.

*3 hours later, you had just woken up after labour*

"Y/n! How are you feeling? Do you want me to get you anything? Water? A snack?" Dustin asked me.

"Dusty, how are my babies doing?" I asked him weakly.

"I don't at the moment, but I think Wayne went to go check on them" Dustin told me.

"I want to see my babies. I want to hold Levin and Leona" I said to Dustin weakly.

"Are those their names?" Dustin asked me.

"Yeah, they sounded nice. Plus, I know that Aaron would've liked them" I said to Dustin weakly.

*You and Dustin kept taking for a few hours, and then Wayne came in with Levin and Leona*

"Hey kid, the nurses said that these two where missing their mom. Do you want to hold them?" Wayne asked me.

"Yes please, I want to hold my babies" I told Wayne.

"Here you go kid" Wayne said as he handed me my babies.

*You took your babies and held them close. Wayne sat down next to Dustin while you sang your family song to the babies*

"From the heart is a silence, as the wind washed over the trees. From the heart of winds, the waves of silence wash over" I sang to my babies as I rocked them to sleep.

——Dustin's POV——

"What song is that?" Wayne whispered to me as Y/n continued to sing.

"It's Y/n's family song. Her mom used to sing that to her when Y/n and her brother were little" I whispered back to Wayne.

"That's nice, I'm glad to see that my grandkids have Y/n as their mom. And I know that if Edds was still around, he would've been a great dad" Wayne said to me quietly.

Y/n ended up falling asleep with Levin and Leona in her arms. Me and Wayne gently picked them up and placed them in the crib next to Y/n's bed. Wayne had work the next day, so he had to go home. After he left me and my mom stayed with Y/n for the rest of her hospital stay. Y/n and the twins only had to stay in the hospital for two more weeks, so that gave me time to set up the rest of the nursery for Y/n. Of course with the help of Nancy!

*Dustin went home the next day and with the help of Nancy finished setting up the nursery*