Dating His Friend - Book Two

Chapter Ten

(For context the events of season 3 with Starcourt Mall have taken place earlier in the school year and not in the summer. Billy still died and Hopper still got taken by Russia. Were we are picking up it's May in Hawkins, and we're now a day before season 4 of the show picks up)

——Y/n's POV——

"Dear diary, it's almost spring break and I can't wait. But a lot has happened since I last wrote in here. I think the last time I wrote something was four months ago when I lost Dell. What's new? Well me and Eddie have been dating for a two months now, and he's a great boyfriend. I've still been fainting at school, but a lot less recently. Me and Gareth have become best friends and we hang out a lot. As I'm sure anyone town can tell you, Billy Hargrove & police chief Hopper died when the Starcourt Mall burned. Me and Nancy have been helping Max a lot lately (she always asking us for test answers). Me and Steve are closer and are best friends, but for some reason he hates whenever I'm around Eddie. Dammit! I'm getting sidetracked, anyways tonight Eddie is taking me on a date at the drive in movies. So I'll tell you how that goes! Now I have to get ready for my date, bye for now!" I wrote down in my diary.

I walked to my closet and grabbed out a pair of black denim shorts, and a simple red tank top. I put on my outfit and flopped down on my bed.

"I am not prepared for this, should I call Nancy? Yeah, I should call Nancy" I thought to myself as I picked up my phone and punched in Nancy's number.

*Mrs. Wheeler picked up and asked who's calling*

"Oh hey there, it's Y/n. Is Nancy there?" I asked her.

"Sorry sweetheart but Nancy is at Maxine's house right now. But if you want when she gets back I can tell her that you called" Mrs. Wheeler said to me.

"Oh no that's fine, but thank you for the offer. Have a nice night Mrs. Wheeler" I said to Mrs. Wheeler as I hung up.

*You go over to Dustin's room to ask him for any advice that he might have*

"Heyyy Dustin, I need advice on guys, and you're kinda one, so can you help me, please" I asked Dustin as I flopped down on his bed next to him.

"Wait a minute- do you have a date?" Dustin asked me.

"I mean yeah, I have a boyfriend so I'm gonna go on dates with him-" I said before getting cut off by Dustin.

"Wait you have a boyfriend!" Dustin said sounding shocked.

"Yes I have a boyfriend. Now can you give me some advice or not" I said to Dustin.

"Okay um, the only advice I have is don't fall for the wrong person" Dustin said to me.

"Thank you for that very basic advice" I said to Dustin sarcastically.

*You heard a knock on the front door and ran to answer it, with Dustin following close behind you. You opened the door and saw Eddie. He has his hair in a low bun and he is wearing his classic leather jacket and denim vest with black jeans and a Metallica shirt underneath*

"Hey Princess, you ready to go" Eddie said while pulling me in for a kiss by my waist.

"Um Eddie, why are you kissing my cousin?" Dustin asked him.

"Dustin, she's my girlfriend" Eddie said to Dustin.

"Y/n! Why... how... when?" Dustin asked me.

"Eddie can we go already. I actually wanna watch the movie without missing the beginning" I said to Eddie.

*Eddie nods and the two of you leave Dustin at the door. You both climb into his van drive off. While you guys are driving he has his on your thigh the whole ride. You two pulled in just in time so you didn't miss any of the movie*

"So what movie are we watching?" I asked him.

"The Dark Crystal, but if you wanna watch something else we can go rent a movie" Eddie said to me.

"No it's fine, we can watch The Dark Crystal. Dustin's been begging me to watch it lately" I said to Eddie.

*The movie starts and you two are making fun of the characters that were being dumb. Then when you guys were about halfway threw the movie when you randomly kissed him*