A Date - Book Three

Chapter Twenty-Two

(Very slight smut warning for the end of this chapter)

*Four years and one month later, it's now March, 1991 in Hawkins, and you are now 24 years old (just turned a month ago)*

——Y/n's POV——

"Somehow over these past four years I've managed to raise Levin and the twins (and teach them Spanish). Two years ago me and the twins moved out and into a house not to far from Aunt Claudia's. Just last month they turned four years old, and I can't believe that this September they'll be starting school! I think the only way I've been able to raise them is because of the help of Wayne and Aunt Claudia. They've both been a huge help with the kids and are like their grandparents. Moving onto my personal life, tonight me and Steve are going on a date. The kids love Steve, and after spending so much time around him I realized that I'm in love with Steve. Tonight Dustin and Lucas are watching Levin and Leona, and I have no hope for Lucas. Anyways, I have to get ready, bye" I wrote down in my journal.

*Levin and Leona walked in*

*This conversation happened in Spanish*

"Mommy! Mommy! If your date is good, does that mean Stevie is our new daddy?" Levin asked me.

"Oh my sugar-peas, there's a chance that Stevie could be, but that won't happen for a long time!" I told them as I hugged them both tightly.

"Okay Mommy!" Leona said as they both walked away happily holding hands.

*End of Spanish conversation*

I closed the door after they left and changed into my dress. It was a nice red, satin, knee length dress. Then, my hair was the last thing to tackle. After I thought about what I wanted to do with my hair for a minute, I decided to just leave it in its natural afro state.

*Steve pulled into the driveway, got out of his car, and knocked on the front door. Dustin and Lucas answered the door and Dustin yelled to you that Steve was there. You grabbed your purse off your bed and got into Steve's car. You two drove to Lover's Lake with a small picnic. Now at Lover's Lake, you and Steve set up the blankets and ate the snacks he brought while you two cuddled and watched the stars*

"Steve, if this does go anywhere I want you to know something" I told Steve as I sat up a bit to look at him.

"Oh? And what's that?" Steve asked me.

"Levin and Leona are biologically Eddie's. If you aren't okay with that I understand, but if you can't be okay with that we can't be together" I was explaining to Steve before he cut me off.

"Did you really think that I didn't know that. I mean come on, Levin looks exactly like Eddie except with darker skin, glasses, and a better haircut. Y/n, listen to me when I say this; I don't care who their father is, and if you really thought that would change my feelings for you, then you're wrong. I love you Y/n, more than you could ever know" Steve said as he hugged me.

*You pulled away from the hug and kissed him*

"Steve, I love you to" I told Steve as I pulled out of the kiss.

*Steve kissed you again and pulled you on top of him. Steve deepened the kiss while his hands held your waist. You could feel that this was going somewhere that you didn't wanna go, so you pulled away from him*

"Steve I can't do this, I don't want to have sex with you. I'm sorry..." I told Steve.

"Y/n that's okay, you don't need to apologize. I want you to feel safe setting boundaries with me. And if one of those boundaries is not having sex, then that's okay! Do you wanna cuddle instead?" Steve asked me.

*You nodded and Steve flopped down as you placed your head on his chest. The sound of his heartbeat was relaxing to you. Steve kissed your forehead while he pointed out all the constellations that he could identify, and turns out Harrington knows a lot about stars. Then after a hour of watching the stars you climbed on top of Steve and started kissing his neck*