Love & Loss - Book One

Chapter Nine

——Steve's POV——

*Y/n had just asked Steve to help fix Billy*

"Y/n... if helping Billy is something you want to do then I'll help, but I hope you're wanting to help him for the right reasons" I said to her.

"Thanks Steve-" Y/n said before she got interrupted by the door swinging open and Billy entering the room.

*It was clearly Billy but something was off about him. Steve or you couldn't figure out what was off though*

"HARRINGTON! Why the FUCK is Y/n with you!" Billy shouted at me and Y/n.

"Billy calm down, it's only Steve!" Y/n yelled at Billy.

"Come on Y/n, come with me" Billy said to Y/n.

"BILLY! GET THE FUCK OUT!" Dustin shouted at Billy before anyone could say anything.

"Fine! But Y/n, I'll be back..." Billy yelled as he walked out and left the hospital.

——Y/n's POV——

*As Billy left the room Dustin walked in after yelling at him. Dustin walked in and closed the door behind him as he sat down in one of the chairs near the bed. You and Steve sat up in the bed, Steve's arm was still around you*

"Hey Y/n, how are you feeling" Dustin asked me.

"I'm okay physically" I said to Dustin.

"That's good, and how are you holding up mentally?" Dustin asked me.

"I don't want to talk about baby Dell right now" I said to Dustin.

"Dell? Is that the name you chose?" Dustin asked me.

"Yeah, Aaron always joked that I would have a little girl, and he always loved the name Dell. Sorry if that's weird" I said to Dustin.

"No no no, Y/n! It's actually kinda sweet that you named her. I think that Aaron would've be happy for you, and now he gets to meet baby Dell" Dustin said while smiling.

*You, Steve, and Dustin kept on talking for hours. You guys just talked about random things, like what kind of dinosaurs you would be and things along those lines. Three hours pasted (it's now 1 PM) and Aunt Claudia came in*

"Y/n, are you ready to head home?" Aunt Claudia asked me.

"Yeah, I wanna get out of here" I said happily.

*You, Dusty, and Aunt Claudia leave and go home, and as Aunt Claudia drives you home you couldn't stop thinking about how Steve felt around you. How the weight of his hands felt on your back. Steve also drove home and on his drive he could shake the fact that you might be in love with Eddie. Steve fell asleep that night cuddled up to a pillow imagining that it was you*