Talk - Book Two

Chapter Eighteen 

——Y/n's POV—

*You had just told Steve that you needed to talk*

"Um okay, hit me with it" Steve told me.

"Ok then, Steve you're a great guy and I appreciate you as a friend. And maybe under different circumstances I would've told you 'I love you', but today not... with everything that has happened surrounding my love life I can't make out my feelings. I hope that you understand what I'm trying to say" I told Steve.

"Y/n... I never meant to tell you like that. Hell! I never had even planned on telling you. I understand that you need time to figure things out, and if you want to be friends or more in the future just know that I'll be here for you. Always..." Steve told me as he pulled into my driveway.

*You got out of the car and waved goodbye to Steve. When you walked into the house Dustin was sitting on the couch watching TV. You sat down next to him and let out a long sigh*

"Dusty... I don't know who I love..." I told Dustin.

"You aren't seriously thinking that you still love Eddie... are you?" Dustin asked me.

"Dusty... it's my fault that Eddie had to choose..." I told Dustin.

"Y/n, please explain before I get anymore confused" Dustin said to me.

"Last night I thought that his mind wasn't completely there. Then later last night I remembered that he'd stare at Chrissy at lot, so I asked Gareth to ask Eddie 'Y/n or Chrissy'. I had to beg Gareth to go threw with it. I can't help but shake the thought that it's my fault" I told Dustin.

"Y/n... that's fucked up. But what Eddie said is also fucked up. And in my opinion I think you need to stop dating for a bit and take some time to self reflect" Dustin said to me as he got up and headed into his room.

*You headed to your room and got ready for bed. You thought about writing something in your diary but fell asleep before you could. You were so tired that you didn't even change into your pyjamas. Eddie and Steve both fell asleep that night thinking about you, while Dustin fell asleep thinking about breadsticks again for some reason. The next morning, you were woken up by the sound of someone pounding on the front door. You answered the door and it was Jason standing there*

"Hey Y/n, have you seen Chrissy or Eddie after the party last night?" Jason asked me.

"No I haven't. Also what are you doing here this early, it's like 9 AM" I told Jason.

"Normally I wouldn't show up unannounced this early in the morning, but it's important. Chrissy was last seen at Eddie's trailer before she died, and now no one can find Eddie. Y/n, I think that Eddie-" Jason was saying before I cut him off.

"Jason! I know that Eddie can be a massive dick at times, but he would never kill someone!" I yelled at Jason.

"Y/n, do you have any idea where Eddie could be? Any idea at all" Jason asked me.

"The only place that Eddie might be if he isn't at his trailer is Gareth's house. But if you're heading to his house I'm coming with you" I told Jason.

"That's fine by me, get in the front and let's go" Jason said as he got into the car.

*You got into the front seat and led Jason to Gareth's house. When Jason pulled into Gareth's driveway you and all the guys got out of the car and walked over to Gareth's open garage*

"Hey Gareth, do you know where Eddie is? We need to talk to him" I told Gareth.

"I don't know. Now can we get back to our practice" Gareth told me.

*You and the guys loaded back into the car and drove around Hawkins looking for Eddie. Then after hours of driving with no result you asked Jason to drop you off at your house and he obliged*

"Bye Jason" I yelled out to Jason as I walked inside the house.

"See you later Y/n" Jason yelled back as he drove off.

*You sat down at your desk and wrote down everything that has happened in your diary. Somehow when you wrote down everything that happened it gave you a clearer view on everything*