Chapter 13

SIERRA LIGHTNING POV ♡

I buried my head in my hands tugging my hair with all my strength.I had probably disgusted him that's why he had left.Because I was a nuisance to everyone in my life.I had just destroyed the strongest bonds I had with a cousin,I did not know how I was going to fix that.

I bit on my lip harder causing it to bleed.I tasted the salt of the blood and it snapped me back to reality.My fingers violently shook and my heart started to race.

My breathing hitched as I tried to gasp for air.I tried to breathed.The room though big,felt like a casket.Opening it made me imagine that it would bring air but the door was locked.

I walked over and tried my best to open as I gasped for air clutching my heart as if my life depended on it.I violently took the door knob in my hands and twisted it with all my heart.

I felt a force pushing the door.Suddenly all the air returned in my lungs as I inhaled.Ryder rushed over to the room.

"I almost died, did you purposely try to suffocate me?"I said dryly.
"Claustrophobic!" He cussed himself after saying that.

We both sat at the bed.I was afraid that if I said something bad,this time he would live forever.

We stared in a silence that seemed peaceful.

"Why did you leave,"I tried saying in a smooth voice but it broke in the middle showing emotion."I am sorry I annoyed you that much,"the second statement came out more as a mutter.

He scooted near me as he softly touched my arm.My arm twitched as I remembered who touched me some hours ago and I shot him a fearful gaze.

He instantly removed his hand a heart broken expression painted his face.
"You are not annoying Lightning,anyone in your position would have done that,"He gritted his words dripping with clarity.

My face cracked into a small smile,I could not contain it.

Silence followed.

One minute

Two minutes

"I know I haven't known you for long.Hell, I even hated you like earlier today but you helped me Ryder and you have no idea how much I am thankful.You did not only help me during the act ya know,you are here with me.I don't know what you did out there when you were gone for the few minutes but I believed you were not against me,"I huffed picking at my nails.

"I am an outcast Ryder,"I looked down.
"I never fit into anything.I feel like my parents departure,my mom and dad when they left,they took part of me."I finished.

"We are,"his deep voice rambled.

"We are..."I motioned my hand urging him to finish up.

"Outcasts,we are outcasts,you are not alone,"He softly took my hand in his and caressed in the most relaxing way possible.

"Do I smell bad?"I suddenly looked at my almost naked body that was saved by Ryder's t-shirt.He shook his eyes amusement filling his eyes before he replaced it with a blank look.

"I feel...dirty like a prostitute.Ryder do I look and dress like a prostitute,"I asked suddenly being self conscious.Is that why Brody came to me?Because he thinks I was used to this type of shit.

"Hey,"Ryder said suddenly getting my attention.

"That's the least thing someone should describe you as,"He told me firmly.

"I'll probably go shower,I would return this shirt but it reeks of sweat,"I wrinkled my nose causing his forest green eyes to shine with amusement.

"I will find you here right?"I asked my voice full of certainity.He smirked and placed his foot on the bed making himself comfortable.I smirked and got into the bathroom.

I noticed how many bruises had began to form.No matter how badly off my body looked,the baddest of them all possessed it.No matter how hard life I will always struggle to wake up and live like yesterday never happened.

I washed my body,the warm water washing away the tears and the nasty hands of Brody.It surely did not just imprint itself but trust me when I say I could still feel his hands all over me.

To be fair and square at least he would serve a life time in prison.Talking of prison,Kyle.My heart broke as I remembered what I had said to him earlier.Was he still here?Could I apologise? Wait could he even accept my apology?

What about Ava?Could we go back as to we were before?I am sure that her thought of forgiving me already faded away.

Savannah was just Savannah she was neutral.She was probably fed up by the drama.I wonder if she is still here.Her parents will whip her ass off if she does not go home.

I took one last look at my body,the body that some looked at as an object to play with.Will someone ever desire me the way they desire the pure virgins? Hell no.Was my dignity robbed more than enough times?Hell yes.

My curly hair looked somewhat tamed and darker than ever.My blue eyes looked lifeless.If I had a mother,she would not be proud me.So far, I had no achievement and I was never gonna have one.

"Lightning, are you okay?You have taken like an hour,"Ryder shouted.

"Maybe that's because I am a woman,"I shouted back continuing to look at myself while wiping myself dry.

I came out of the shower to find Ryder half dozing.I could not blame him since it was a mentally exhausting night for all of us.I rummaged through the spare closet.It was mostly filled with Auntie's clothes which were almost my size.

I picked out black sweatpants and a plain black shirt.I walked over to the door and quietly turned the door knob.I needed to know who was in the house.

I walked over to the room where all the drama unfolded.Savannah was asleep on the couch Ava and West were not there,I assumed they took her room.

Romano was dangerously at the corner of the King sized bed deeply asleep.Kyle on the other hand slept with a pained expression on the opposite side.

Walking over I crouched next to him and ruffled his hair softly making sure I did not wake him up.His blonde hair covered his cute features.

I let my fingers touch his cheeks before his eyes immediately faltered open.I jumped in shock and embarrassment.
He looked at me as if he had seen a ghost.

"I'm sorry, about earlier,you deserve the kindest of friends,"I got up but his hands grasped mine and I looked back at him.

"Could I possibly stay mad at the girl who hurt my crotched,"His voice was quite raspy.

"You forgive me?"my eyes glimmered with hope as I jumped up and down like a kid who just received candy.

"Sh you will wake the rest up,"He motioned to Vanny and Romano.

"I love you.I fucking do,"I crotched beside him and kissed him on every part of his face but his lips.He pretended to be disgusted and rubbed it off.I just laughed it up.

I bid him goodnight and went to the guest bedroom smiling like a maniac.

I opened the door and saw a peaceful sleeping Ryder.I had turned the air conditioner on meaning he did not feel cold despite his shirtless physique.

His chest was filled with tattoos.If you looked closely,it was one tattoo.My eyes wandered across his well sculpted chest.It was a bird.Not just a bird a phoenix,why a phoenix?

I ran my fingers across it.It was a little bumpy,but I enjoyed the feeling for some reason.Yes,touch was my language.

His red lips suddenly broke into a pout and I heard a groan.I smiled slightly,he was irritated.

"Alright let's cover you up little boy,"I muttered playfully to myself.I took the bed covers and covered him that was not before I removed his expensive looking chains and his jeans that would of course make him uncomfortable.

I patted his head slightly and slid my hand over his forehead to check his temperature.It was just average good.

"Mommy?" He said in a strained voice.
His lips were still in a pout but this time I could hear the hurt in his voice.

He definitely is a momma's boy.I took the opposite of the bed and put off the lamp.