"Katherine?" Stefan asked with furrowed brows confused.

"No, Mom. Yes, Katherine are you stupid who else would I be talking about?" Damon asked sarcastically with an eye roll.

"Wait, how is it possible that she wasn't in the tomb? We saw her get taken. I mean it's literally the whole reason we were killed." Stefan said shocked at this new information.

"I know, but apparently Katherine had a different plan and somehow escaped. So while I was dead set on setting her free from a tomb for 150 fucking years the bitch wasn't even in there." Damon said upset with himself.

"Well, what are you gonna do about it now?" Stefan asked concerned about what his brother's next actions would be.

"Nothing, I was just going to set her free from the tomb as an act of kindness and pity since she was our sire. But since she wasn't in there, there isn't any point in dwelling on it." Damon explained sighing as he went to Stefan's stash of liquor and poured himself more bourbon and poured his brother one too.

"Here's, to cutting ties with the manipulative lying slut." Damon toasted as he raised his glass after handing his brother the glass he made for him and they both downed their drinks.

"How long do you think she's gonna be like this?" Damon asked as his whole face changed into a softened expression looking at Violet.

"I don't know. Hopefully not too long. I mean Shelia did say that it could be hours or days so hopefully, it's the first one." Stefan told him.

"Hopefully," Damon whispered.

"Jeremy burned the rest of the vampires right?" Stefan questioned.

"Yeah, every last one of them reduced to ashes. Don't worry I checked. The only ones that got out alive were Pearl and the other one." Damon assured him.

There was no way in hell that either of them was gonna let any vengeful vampires roam free. They would probably be on the hunt for the founding families and that meant Violet would be in danger with is a big no no for them.

"What do you think is going on in her mind right now?" Stefan asked his brother referring to his unconscious girlfriend.

"Probably some magical Fae thing to be honest." Damon guessed.

Little did he know just how right he was.

~In Violet's Mind~

"Hello?" Violet called out.

From what she could see she was taking a nap on the couch in the living room of the Salvatore Boarding house.

"Stefan?! Damon?!" she called out but got no response in return.

"Violet." she heard a soft, calm voice say from behind her and when she whipped around she saw Athena sitting on the couch she had just gotten off of.

"Athena where am I?" Violet asked knowing that she wasn't actually in the Salvatore Boarding house.

"You are in the part of your mind that you find the safest. This is kind of like a fail-safe to keep you protected from any harm that might come to you while you are unconscious." Athena explained patiently.

"Unconcious? The spell." Violet said in realization as she remembered what happened.

"That is correct young one. The spell to open the tomb itself is already draining, luckily you had Bennett's blood to take away some of the blockages of the spell but unfortunately, there is a powerful witch on The Otherside that isn't happy with you helping vampires." Athena told Violet who was now sitting down in front of her.