28. Storytime

When Violet walked into the kitchen where she was sure Jeremy couldn't hear her she pulled out her phone to make a phone call.

~Phone Call~

Violet: Hey you have to come over RIGHT NOW!!!

Unknown: Why?

Violet: They found more photos in his desk and they're all coming over soon and I'm gonna tell them what happened and why Jer and I left school early.

Unknown: Shit. Okay, I'll be there in 5.

Violet: Thank you Damon and you're gonna have to hold down your brother 'cause I can already tell that he's gonna be pissed off.

Damon: No prob, Pixie. And you're right, my brother is gonna be pissed off and I don't know if I'll be strong enough alone to hold him once we tell him.

Violet: Okay see you soon, bye

Damon: Bye.

~End of Phone Call~

After she hung up the phone with Damon she went to make her and Jer some food. As the food was cooking she thought back to what happened with Damon and the Tanner situation.

~Flashback~

"Damon? What are you doing here?" Violet asked him when she saw him sitting on her bed waiting for her to get out of the bathroom.

"Come here, we need to chat," he said patting the place next to him with a concerned look on his face as if he was thinking about how to tell her what he just found out.

"What's up?" she asked brushing her hair as she sat in front of him.

"Well as Stefan probably told you, I'm the one who killed Tanner earlier." Damon started making her nod her head in conformation that what he assumed was right.

"I think you deserve to know the reason I killed him." he continued.

"Okay?" she said in a confused tone, urging him to go on with the story.

"So the other night I was out looking for someone to use as a blood bag but then I passed by Tanner's apartment building where I heard him screaming out things like a madman. I could practically smell the alcohol coming from him, from where I was outside.

He was completely wasted and when I went up to the fire escape to get a closer look I saw he was yelling incoherent things at a bunch of photos of you that he had sprawled out on the floor." he said and he started getting angry just at the memories that he had.

Violet stayed silent as she let Damon compose himself a little before he continued with the story.

"I thought of killing him right then and there but I decided I wanted him to be sober when I kill him, so it's more painful. After I killed him tonight I went back to his apartment and took every single photo of you I could find and I set them all on fire." he finished.

Now Violet wouldn't say this shocked her, she always knew there was something off about Tanner. With the way, he would call her by her first name and stare at her for long periods of time during class. That's the reason she always drew in her notebook in that class, so she didn't have to see his ugly face staring directly at her.

After she processed everything Damon said she quickly threw her arms around his neck hugging him.

"Thank you," she whispered into his neck.