31. Logan Scumfell is the Vamp

"Is there anyone you guys think could be the vampire we're hunting down?" Violet asked after Liz had left the house. The three of them were discussing who could be the vampire they were looking for.

"No idea. I haven't even turned anyone since I've been in town." Damon said nonchalantly pouring himself and his brother some bourbon.

"I didn't think there were any vampires in town other than us," Stefan told her nodding his head in thanks as he accepted the glass of bourbon from his brother.

It was getting kind of late so Violet checked her phone to text Jenna that she'll be on her way home soon and she was just at Stefan's place. Jenna replied with a simple thumbs-up emoji.

"Well since there's a new vamp I have to make sure to give everyone some vervain to eat every day. Hmm maybe I can just give them some food with vervain in it," she said thoughtfully. Of course, she would still tell them they were eating vervain but that way she could make sure they always have some in their system.

"I wonder if you guys could build up a tolerance to it." Violet said to the brother in front of her, taking Stefan's glass from his hand and taking a sip.

"To what?" Damon asked confused.

"Vervain" she answered.

The two brothers grimaced at the thought of that painful substance.

"No think about it, we can start off small and we can build up from there, and then from there it wouldn't hurt you as badly," she explained.

They had a thoughtful expression on their faces and finally nodded their head in agreement.

"Ok, we'll do it," Stefan told her.

"So why are you drinking? I don't think I've seen you drink since we met." Stefan asked taking note of how she's almost finished his glass of bourbon.

"Hmm?" she hummed in question and then she noticed the almost empty glass of bourbon she was holding making her face morph into one of realization.

"Oh. I didn't even notice. But the reason I don't drink much is that my father taught me to always have my guard up and ready for a fight. But I can't really be ready for a fight if I'm drunk so I only drink when I feel safe with my surroundings and the people that I'm with." she explained to them giving Stefan his glass back and he downed the rest of the bourbon.

The Salvatores felt touched. This meant she felt safe in their home and with them. They didn't know it was possible to love her more than they already did but she proved them wrong.

"Okay, I should head home now. I told Jenna I'd be there soon." Violet said getting up to get her bag but Damon beat her to it while Stefan offered her his hand to grab.

"So I guess this means we're all going?" she asked rhetorically rolling her eyes at their behavior.

"Well there's another vampire in town and we know you can take care of yourself but we still would feel better if we went with you," Stefan told her as they walked towards through the front door and to her car.

"Yeah Pixie it's like you have your own personal vampire bodyguards even if you can take us out with a wave of your hand," Damon said opening her door for her to get in.

~Gilbert Residence~

"I'm home!" Violet yelled walking through the door with Stefan and Damon trailing behind her like lost puppies making Jer and Jenna exchange looks of amusement.

"So I see you adopted a few stray vamps." Jenna jokes like the Salvatores were some puppies she found on the street. Jeremy and Violet let out a little laugh while Stefan and Damon watched unamused but you could see them perk up at the sound of Violet's laughs.