54. Two Dance Partners

"Violet!" Stefan and Damon shouted as she fainted at the mere touch of the old necklace.

They both caught her before she could fall forward into the coffee table, and they sighed in relief of the comfort of her touch.

They laid her down on the couch and stared at her worried.

"Why isn't she waking up?" Damon asked frustratedly after 10 minutes passed and she still hadn't woken up yet.

"I don't know!" Stefan said, throwing his hands up in the air in exasperation.

"Who are you calling?" Damon questioned as Stefan started calling someone on his phone.

"I'm calling Bonnie. If anyone can help us, maybe it's Shelia and Bonnie." Stefan told him.

"Bonnie? Can you please come to my house and bring your grandma? Please? It's urgent, it's about Violet. Thank you." Damon heard Stefan say into his phone before hanging up.

"She said she'll be here in 5 minutes." Stefan told him as he picked up Violet and sat down so he could lay her head on his lap so he could play with her hair as some reassurance that she was fine.

Damon sat at the end of the couch next to her feet and rubbed her legs for his own reassurance.

It seemed that this was becoming a recurrence of some sorts. With each Salvatore worried out of their mind for the one woman who had won their hearts.

Except Violet was different than Katherine wayyyyyyy different. She wasn't playing them, and they could tell that all of her feelings were genuine. She trusts them completely.

And that scared them. Never in their lives had they had some trust them completely to where they shared their thoughts and feelings. The closest thing they had to that was each other.

Even though they fought a lot they knew that in their time of need that the other would pull through for them no matter what happened in the last 150 years. They would always be there when it mattered most.

"What's wrong with my granddaughter?" Shelia questioned waking through the front door.

Usually, she would be more polite and wait for them to let her into their home but right now one of her grandbabies was in trouble.

Bonnie followed behind her and closed the door after coming into the house.

"She touched that necklace and then she passed out. I'm worried, she hasn't woken up yet. Usually when she has visions, she's not even unconscious for more than 5 minutes but it's already been 30 minutes and nothing." Stefan explained pointing to the necklace that now laid on the table.

"Hmm, and where did you get this necklace?" Shelia asked, needing to know more facts so she knew how to properly treat Violet.

"I can't remember. There are some gaps in my memories which includes where and how I got the necklace and Violet wanted to see if there was anything she could do to fill those gaps." Stefan told her.

"Well, that's my grandbaby for you. Always looking out for others without a thought on if it could be dangerous for her." the older Bennett woman said, shaking her head.

"There is dark magic all over this necklace and I can tell that it's old even older than you two. This belonged to a witch and from what I can tell she wasn't a nice one. The necklace reeks from vengeance and anger. Put the necklace away and don't let Violet touch it until she fully transforms into a full Fae because as of right now, we don't know what can and cannot hurt her." Shelia instructed and Stefan picked up the necklace and put it back into its box and hid it on the very top shelf of his bookshelf where Violet couldn't reach or see.

"Can we wake her up?" Bonnie asked her Grams.

"Yes, we can. Grab her hands and focus on your magic. Focus on your magic flowing through you and her and for it to push out all of the dark magic that isn't welcome inside of your sister." Grams talked her through it.

Bonnie listened and did exactly as her Grams told her to do. She could feel the unwelcomed magic inside her sister and there was a lot. Whatever or whoever made that necklace spelled it with lots of dark magic.

It took Bonnie a second to push out all the dark magic but when she did Violet's eyes fluttered open making Damon and Stefan let out sighs of relief.

"The necklace, where is it?" Violet asked sitting up alert.

"Somewhere that you won't find it for now." Stefan told her.

"But your memories-" she started saying.

"Are not as important as your wellbeing. I have gone this long without remembering whatever happened back then and I can go on for eternity living like that as long as you are alright. Do you understand?" Stefan asked her with a no-nonsense tone of voice.

"I guess." Violet said in a defeated tone knowing that no matter what she said Stefan wouldn't budge on his decision.

"Grams the necklace, it was filled with dark magic. Who would do something like that?" Violet asked confused.

To infuse an object with that much dark magic would be a danger to whoever made it.

"Violet, there are witches out there that do dark spells like this to try and show people that they are dangerous and powerful. But it took more than one witch to put that much dark magic into it and that is why it is so dangerous to you. I don't want you touching that necklace until you become a fully transformed Fae. Do you hear me?" Grams ordered her sternly as she pointed her finger at her.

"Yes, Grams." Violet sighed defeated.

"Good now Bonnie and I have to get going because we are meeting with her father for lunch but anything else happens, you boys call me." Shelia ordered the Salvatores who nodded their heads.

"God, you had us so worried, pixie." Damon told her, giving her a tight hug with Stefan following straight after him.

"Sorry. It was weird. I know that when I touched the necklace, I got a few flashes of visions but now that I'm awake, I can't seem to remember what I saw." she told them.

"That's fine because it doesn't matter anymore. The necklace has dark magic that can hurt you therefore it is irrelevant to us." Stefan explained.

"Okay, but to change the subject, how well can you two dance in a suit?" she asked them.

"I dance extremely well in a suit pixie. I don't know about Mr. Broody over there though." Damon whispered to her, acting like his brother couldn't hear him making her giggle.

"I dance fairly well. Why?" Stefan asked her, confused.

"Well the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant is soon and as the first 2-time reigning Miss Mystic Falls winner I need two dates to dance with." she explained.

"Of course we will be your dates. When do we practice the dance? It's been a while since I danced anything from the 1800s." Stefan questioned.

"And what color suits do we need to wear to match your dress?" Damon asked curiously.

"You can both wear black suits with a white shirt and black ties. As for when we can practice dancing, we can do it right now." she told them with a big smile ready to dance without music.

They spent the next 2 hours practicing their dance and getting it perfect for when they would switch being her partner and she laughed feeling carefree and happy with them.

It was like they could feel her emotions. The happiness she was feeling and the joy when she laughed and the trust, she had for them to not let her fall or trip every time they spun her into the others arms.

And it made them feel guilty because they both knew they were lying to her, but they would soon come clean about it. Hopefully before anyone else tells her.