Chapter 38

Christian

It's been three weeks since our encounter with Alexander, and tonight is a big night. One of Alex's suppliers is in town hosting his birthday ball.

For some reason people in Alex's circle love to have balls and galas to dress up and sip champagne like they aren't sex trafficking people behind closed doors.

Unfortunately we do have to crash his little birthday party because I need Alex to come out of hiding and in order to do that I'm going to have to kill his money supply. Meaning I'm gonna have to kill Dennis Worthington, a useless prick go acts like he's a saint by going to mass on Sundays but rapes and slaughters like no other.

My thoughts are interrupted when Kenny walks in my closet. She's slightly slimmer around her waist and neck area. She hasn't been eating much and she stays in the gym all day long.

The small weight loss is only noticeable to me because I know her like the back of my hand.

We had a small memorial for the twins and buried them in the garden area of our backyard. I've been trying my best to put a smile on her face, I've been unsuccessful this far.

Today she does seem to be in better spirits, so hopefully I can get one out of her today.

"Are we color coordinating?" She asks

"If you want we can. I don't mind."

"Why can't we wait till he exits the building and just shoot him, and set him on fire instead of going. I don't feel like dressing up."

I remain silent. Part of the reason I decided to crash the party is because I need to get her out of the house. Since we left New York and had the memorial the day after our return she hasn't even stepped out on the balcony.

Her eyes gave dark circles around them because she's not sleeping. Every night I make sure I'm next to her in hopes she'll sleep. It never works.

She'll take a nap for about an hour then get up and read, and when she's done she heads down to the gym and stays there for five hours.

Then for the rest of the day she either reads or is putting together a puzzle. I worry for her but I know it will take time.

"Baby you look lovely when you dress up. I mean technically you can go in sweatpants and a t-shirt if that makes you feel better." I suggest

"No, it's fine. I already have my dress."

I try my best to hide the smile trying to come on my face.

"Carry your rose gold guns and wear your rose pink gold watch." She say walking out of the closet. "Oh and wear all black."

This time I can't help it a smile makes its way on my face.

I do as she says and add my rose pink gold chain for some spice.

Finally done with my outfit I go downstairs and wait for Kennedy. In the kitchen Tony and Kendra seem to be in some sort of argument, and although I want to mind my business I also want to know what they are saying.

I enter the kitchen and Tony looks at me annoyed. Wordlessly he walks out of the kitchen.

"Well then. That definitely wasn't the reaction I expected out of him." I say jokingly

Since Kendra and Jennifer have been here I haven't really gotten to know them well. I've only talked to them about missions I wanted them to go on.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Umm sure.." I replied

"How did you know that you were in love with my sister? I mean you were arranged to be married and I'm pretty sure you had your women. I don't want to pry but I just want to know"