Chapter 14

Kennedy

"My apologies, everyone knows the rule of no cursing in your presence." She said sympathetically.

I furrowed my eyebrow. "You look just like her, and with her skin complexion." Kendra said. She sounded like she was in the verge of tears.

"We called you here because Alexander has caused a big problem, but I'm sure my father has played a big part in it as well. Bottom of the line is when I took over I changed a lot of things. This used to be the Italian mafia, where there were a lot of racist old men who raped women and thought they were immortal. I took over and changed everything. Women could be in leadership and as you can see I brought in diversity. Italians are no longer the only ones allowed to join therefore we are now the American mafia." This was the first time I was hearing this so I was shocked.

"Turns out the bag didn't like what I did. Although his so called best friend is black, which also happens to be Alexander, he hates every other nation if they are not white. I'm still trying to figure out what they are trying to do. I don't get their goal. They killed Alfi's son and because of the deal my father made the French mafia now think I made them kill him. So the French mafia is after me, and Alex and Sal are out to kill Kenny and I. Now that your all caught up are there any questions?" If looks could kill Jennifer's face would have all of us dead.

"Wow so I guess even after all these years Alex hasn't changed huh Kendra?" She laughed bitterly. "You wanna know why only a few people know we exist? Alex put us in exile at three years old to live with our grandparents. They trained us to be assassins, by the time we were fourteen he had our grandparents murdered. We were in the middle of nowhere, in the mountains of Colorado. We suffered from malnutrition for two years until we took the risk of walking down that mountain. I've been after him ever since."

"Yea but it was like he didn't exist." Kendra stated. "All his businesses were in different names. By the time we finally found him, he went underground. So now we're back to square one."

The room was way to quiet. Everyone either looked confused or shocked.

My head felt like it had a ton of bricks on it. I too back my seat next to Elora. She reached over and squeezed my hand, and thankfully that small gesture helped ease everything.

"You can stay here if you'd like. You can help us with getting to the bottom of this whole situation." They both nodded. As much as I wanted to say I was excited, that would be a lie. My hatred for Alexander deepened. I needed to blow off some steam.

I got up, and walked through the door wordlessly.

I went to the gym. I was on the treadmill and I had already ran three miles nonstop. I was much calmer than before. I turned around to find Christian leaning against the wall. I screamed in fright. "When did you get here?"

"I walked after you, but you didn't hear me. I've been here for the thirty minutes you took to run three miles. I have to say that's your best time yet."

If I was in a better mood I would've smiled, but all I could think about was the ways I wanted to kill Alexander. Not only did he kill my mother and unborn sibling, he mentally, physically, and verbally abused me. He sent my sisters away and killed my grandparents. As of that wasn't enough he now wants to kill me and Christian.

"Don't do that baby." He walked up to me wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his forehead against mine. "Don't let the anger fester. You'll have your day where you'll get your victory."

"How did you know?" I asked quietly

"Because you looked like a deer in headlights from the moment they came in. Once they told their story I watched your eye go black the same way they did last night and I know that look. Use your hatred for drive, don't let it fester and make you bitter."

"You know... you're not as scary as they say you are."

"Only you get to see this side of me baby. Only you."he chuckled. "Yeah my Sal always said I was a lover boy and it would make me weak. I have to say, I am a lover boy, but it doesn't make me weak. It gives me strength. My mother taught me love is power, and when you find the right one they will build you up in areas you didn't even know was broken." He said with a smile on his face.

"She sounds like she was lovely."

"She was." He moved he forehead from mine and looked in my eyes. It was almost as if he could see right though me. I quickly averted my eyes. Never had I ever felt so vulnerable and exposed.

"Baby look at me.." I did as told. "You're beautiful on the inside and out. I don't know what your doing to me, but I don't care either." He took he right hand from my waist and started caressing my cheek.

My heart began pounding in my chest. He leaned down to me. His lips were so close to mine they were almost touching. Just when I thought he was going to kiss me he smiled and backed away. He kissed my cheek instead. "Not yet. Let's get you something to eat because I know you have to be hungry."

Part of me was disappointed and the other part of me was relieved.

When we got to the living room everyone except the usuals had left, in addition to Kendra and Jennifer.

"Hi can we talk to you in private for a moment?"asked Kendra.

I nodded. Walked towards the backyard. "I....Is it true? That mom died." Once again I nodded.

For the first time today was was able to take in the details of Kendra. Her hair was styled in a fade with the top in long single braids. She wore black jeans and a fitted t-shirt with bob marley on it with black and white Nike Jordan's.

Her style fitted her personality. "How did it happen?" Jennifer asked

I also was able to take in her details. Her hair was styled in a low sleek back bun. She wore an all black pants suit with dark blue heels. Her style most definitely fitted her personality as well.

Sighing I filled them in with the tragic details of our mother's death. It felt good to talk about it especially after keeping it in for so long.

Kendra bursted into tears, while Jennifer's face remain unreadable. I knew she was upset and most likely disgusted but she didn't show it.

"We're gonna find him and make him suffer! By the way call me Jen." I gave Jen a hug. I think I shocked myself more than I shocked her.

As soon as I got back into the living room Anne practically ran into the room almost bumping into Tony. "Watch where you're going, and why are you running?"

My eyebrows raised in shock, I'd never heard Tony use that language with anyone. She ignored him and turned to Christian. "Zackary Moore is throwing a party at La Musa tomorrow starting at 11:30pm."

Everyone seemed surprised. I was the only one who was completely lost. "Ha, oh we should definitely pay him a visit." Trey said with a menacing look.

"Who is that?" I asked

"Zackary Moore is an old friend of Sal's. He's the son my father wanted until he wasn't. He married and Arabic woman and my father never forgave him. We hate each other, but we hate Sal more. So right now he just might be the alibi I'm looking for." Christian stated with a knowing look on his face.

"That won't be easy tho. The last time he saw you he put a knife in your back." Interjected Elora.

My eyes widened. "Yeah, but he might have some information I could use and he could supply us with weapons. Which reminds me, everyone in this room should always weapons on then at all times, that includes blades and guns."

Everyone nodded in agreement.