Chapter 23

Kennedy

It was the day of the gala, and I knew I was going to see Alex. I could feel it. One of the hackers on the tech team added us to the list, to avoid trying to sneak in.

All of the ladies were in one car and the men in the other, so Christian hadn't seen my dress yet. Normally at these galas you weren't supposed to wear anything revealing because it was a "memorial" for my mother.

What a joke. "It's gonna take everything in me not to kill him if he shows tonight." Said Kendra

"Oh he'll be there, I can feel it" Jen said as she tucked a few blades in her gun holster tied to her thigh.

I looked at Elora who's been off ever since Trey got shot. I moved closer to her, "everything okay?"

"No.... I feel like such an idiot. I broke things off with Trey and right after he almost died. Then I started avoiding him after he flat lined three times. I tried talking to him this morning at breakfast but all he didn't respond. Instead he got up and walked away." She honestly sounded more drained than tired.

"Well what did you say" asked Kendra.

"I told him that he shouldn't force the healing, and if he needed a friend I was always there. I told him that I cared for him and how I wanted to move forward as co-parents" all of our eyes widened

"Girl what the hell? Why would you say that when he damn near died. You're wrong for that." Jen exclaimed.

"I have to agree with her Lora. Is that how you really feel?" I asked

"No I love him, but I panicked. When I said hi he looked like he'd strangle me, so I said a whole bunch of foolishness. I saw him right before I got ready. He was walking down the hallway and as soon as he saw me he turned around in the opposite direction." She explained.

My sisters and I bursted out laughing. "I'm sorry what are you guys five. Clearly there needs to be a conversation and both of you are acting like middle schoolers who just broke up." Jen said between laughs

"Maybe tonight talk to him, and don't just say foolishness. Tell him the truth." I advised. She nodded and then started laughing as well.

^^ Kennedy's gown

^^ Kennedy's gown

We finally arrived at a garden in the hearts of Miami. I stepped out of the car. I was greeted by Christian, he looked at me from head to toe. He seemed stunned for a moment.

He pulled me by my hand and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Baby you look delicious."

I bursted out laughing, which caused a few heads to turn, "what does that even mean?" I asked

"It means I wouldn't mind having dessert before I have dinner." He leaned in and kissed me passionately.

"Y'all make me sick." Both of our head whipped to Trey's direction. He had a smile on his face, he wasn't behaving like his Elora explained in the car.