Chapter 35

Kennedy

Alex slowly makes his way towards us. I quickly stand, my body is stuck between running or facing him.

I finally look over at Jen who is completely frozen. She's one of the most dangerous people in the underworld yet here she was in a state of shock.

I needed to do something fast or else other would get hurt. So in the heat of the moment I shot three bullets up in the air.

People began screaming and running out of the club. He stopped walking until every single civilian was out of the club.

"Well done Kennedy," He said clapping. "You know I've never much cared for people, but you and your sisters are weak like your pathetic mother."

In that moment all my fear turned into anger, but I decided to remain silent.

I glance over at Christian, and Yazmine is holding onto his arm for dear life. My anger rises even further.

"Look darling, Christian doesn't love you. You're his wife and he has another woman around his arm. Don't you feel less than... I mean look at her compared to you. There is no comparison, she beautiful and you're ugly, black, and fat. But I'm willing to look past your flaws and take you back in my home where you belong."

Christian laughs, "you think I'm cheating on my wife?? Oh please I was being nice to Yazmine because I wanted to buy her hotel because you have shares in it, but as I was enjoying time with my wife I got a phone call stating that you killed her fiancé. So I had to push production."

My heart drops, she had a fake smile on her face because she was scared. Now I really feel like crap.

"Oh please you're a fool Christian for falling in love with a pathetic person, and as a result you've become pathetic. But I'm not here to argue with you, I'm here as a warning and I'm telling all of you in this room to back off."

The door he came through opens and men in armed gear walk in, "welp, I guess it was nice knowing you all" Kendra says with humor laced in her voice.

Although I was dressed ready to party I definitely had my bullet proof vest on, and I'm ready for war.

I take one of my eight blades out from my boots, and take the safety off of my gun and walk towards Alex.

"You know, I used to wonder why you hated me as a child. I wondered why you never met my eye and why you never gave me love and affection. It wasn't until recently I realized that you're a mentally ill man who lusted after his young daughter, and on top of that my mother didn't leave you a dime. So you hate me but there is a very thin line between love and hate darling."

Alex's jaw ticks, and his eyes darken. He takes out his gun and shoots at me. Bullets start flying all over the club. My mafia members shooting at his men and vise versa.

I try my best to bounce back to reality and run after Alex. I catch up to him and kick him in his knee hard and I hear a crack. He screams out in pain.

He reaches out and grabs me by my neck, and squeezes. Just as I feel like I'm gonna black out he drops me.

Hands grab my arm and pick me up. The person shoots at Alex until the clip empties. I try to stay awake but I just want to sleep.

I feel warm air and hear the sound of sirens so I know I'm outside. A door opens and I'm placed inside of a car.

"Get to Belview NOW!!!" It was only then I realized the person was Christian.

I try to get up but I'm shoved back down. "W..wait I'm fine."

"TONY DRIVE FASTER!!" He orders

My heart feels like it's going a thousand miles per hour. I think it's because of the adrenaline, but suddenly my body begins to feel at ease, like finally I'm safe.

"I swear to God if you die on me Kenny I'll kill you. Stay with me please" Christian begs, but he sounds far.

I finally open my eyes, but my vision is blurry. Pain is soaring through my body, I guess the adrenaline is wearing off.

My body feels weak, and tired. So I give in to the feeling and my eyes close, and the noise around me becomes completely silent and still.