Chapter 11

Kennedy

I changed into black biker shorts and a white t-shirt with Tupac on along with black and white Jordan 5s to complete the look.

Once out the door I frowned slightly when I saw he was still dressed in his usual all black dress shirt and black slacks. Did he not know how to be casual?

"We're going for a walk." He started walking away before I could protest. I was in no mood to walk and neither was I in a mood to argue to again I complied.

He slowed down for me once we were on concrete. "I know you don't know me well. I'm pretty sure you weren't given a say when you were arranged to marry me. I was ten when my mom died from cancer, and fourteen when my older brother died from suicide." I froze, but he continued talking. "My dad made us cold, he always called me too weak and soft. My brother in the other hand was his pride and joy, and I hated him because I wanted the love he had from my father." He chuckled with bitterness in his voice.

"I thought he was happy, turns out he was more miserable than me. He was 20 and fell in love with a woman from Brazil. My father found and killed her. In front of my face Mario seemed contempt, I was blind. I didn't see the signs... he drank like a sailor and withdrew himself from everyone. Until one night I heard my father cry out, I ran to his room to find Mario standing with a gun pointed at him. He'd shot him in the knee, but what I didn't expect was for him to turn the gun at himself and fire immediately before I could even try to convince him." He sighed deeply. "I've watched you for months and I know you been verbally, mentally and I'm going to assume physically abused too. If you need to talk to someone let me know. You can even talk to me. But I want you to know that your father was wrong. You're a beautiful, sexy, luscious woman with beautiful radiating skin that glows in the sun. Your natural hair is astonishing, and when you style it you look superb, so don't let anyone tear you down. You're my wife and I want you to be happy and confident in yourself. I want you to know that I am here I'll drop everything for you. I want to gain your trust."

I was left speechless by both the incident with his brother and the fact that a man like him thought that I was sexy and that he also cared. I couldn't help the smile that came to my face. "Thank you Christian". What he did next shocked me even more. He pulled me to him and kissed my forehead.

We continued our walk as he told me about the different animals and plants on the island and how tomorrow he was going to take me to see some of them. I smiled the whole time, and for the first time in a while, I could say the smile was genuine.
*************************************************
Christian

Kennedy was going to be my downfall. I liked her the moment I saw her in that beautiful gown at the engagement party.

Interrupting my thoughts my phone rang. Looking at the name I groaned. "Alexander didn't I tell you.."

"You might want to hear this Nini." He interrupted. I could feel my anger rising. "You are head of the Italian American mafia, but ever since you've gotten married you started slacking. Personally o could careless what happens to my mistake of a daughter, but you protect my businesses because of my deal with your father. However last night I got a visit from Jaxon Sully."

A wicked smile made its way to my face. Little did the bastard know Jaxon was my friend and I was the one that sent him. "Your point... I don't have all day." I said highly annoyed.

"MY POINT IS THAT I WANT MORE SECURITY AROUND MY BUILDING!!" He screamed in the phone.

I took a deep breath. "Let's get something clear Alexander you don't tell me what to do. I tell you what to do. I have bigger problems than your safety and I sent Jaxon because you made a big mess last week. You see.. you lost your temper at a poker game and killed Daniel Hugh which is also the French mafia leader's only son. I really wanted to kill you myself but he'll get to you first."

"But you're supposed to protect me. We have a fu.."

This time I interrupted him. "You know my mother taught me to never cuss. She'd put soap in my mouth. So when she died I made a promise never to cuss, so I'm going to warn you don't you ever cuss at me. Now listen clearly. You've made a mess, I don't know what you and my father had but now I am in the middle of it. They think you are my friend which is ridiculous because I hate you, but of course they would never believe that so now I'm going to have to fight a war for idiotic decisions you made because you suck at playing poker. My guards will be removed from your premises indefinitely and any deal you had with me is terminated. Enjoy the rest of you life Alexander, because I don't think you have that long anyway." With that I hung up the phone.

All of which I said was true, but the reason I was removing my guards from his premises was because of what he'd done to Kenny. She hasn't told me anything yet, but I know he's for her insecurities.

The front door bursts open and I don't even have to turn my head to know it's Elora, Trey, and Tony.

"Ugh I'm so sick." I turn to look at a pale Elora. Just as I was about to ask what's wrong she pukes into a trash can.

"She has been like this all morning." Trey said rolling his eyes. "I asked her if she wanted me to call the doctor but she refused."

"Where's Ken?" Questioned Tony

"Bedroom." Was all I could answer because my focus was on my sister. She never throws up, so I was confused but not stupid. Her and Trey think they can hide their relationship but I've known for a while. I saw Trey kiss her when she was about to go somewhere. I even confronted him then later granted him permission.

"Everyone out except Elora." Both Tony and Trey walked out the front door.

"How do you know?" She asked

"You never get sick. How far along are you?"

"I don't know yet. When we get back I have my first doctor's appointment."

"Does Trey know?" Her body tensed and she shook her head. "I'm not going to tell you what to do but he deserves to know. Have the cook made you some ginger tea." She nodded and walked out.

I got up and walked towards the bedroom. I expected to my wife sleeping but instead I find her in the master bathroom with tears in her eyes. Confused I asked "Kenny what's wrong?"

"My hair! I've broken four hair ties and it doesn't look right."

"What do you want it to look like?" She pulled out her phone and showed me a style where the hair was parted in two and put into low buns. "Okay how about I help you baby."

She turned to me with her eyes wide. Even with tears in her eyes she was astonishing. "You would do that for me?"

"Yes I would... show me what products to use and which brush to use and I'll do my best."

We finished fifteen minutes only because she said I wasn't pulling tight enough. I admire her hair. It's thick with small curls, yet it's extremely soft. It reminds me of a beautiful cloud.

I groaned. I was falling hard.